doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Travis S Iver Johnson Hercules Disassembly? - 01/29/21 09:24 PM
Does anyone have docs and/or links to fully disassemble a .410 sxs Hercules model?

Normally I would just start tearing down but I have a little check in my system that says slow down on this one.

Many thanks

Travis
Posted By: Travis S Re: Iver Johnson Hercules Disassembly? - 02/01/21 09:01 PM
Ok no responses so Just went for it. All is done with the exception of the top lever. I have a fuzzy schematic that is not helping much.

Any one want to share the secret to removing this?

Many thanks
Posted By: Mark II Re: Iver Johnson Hercules Disassembly? - 02/01/21 10:28 PM
Could you show a picture of the top and bottom?
Posted By: SIXSKB Re: Iver Johnson Hercules Disassembly? - 02/03/21 12:58 PM
Top lever under extreme pressure from spring to the rear. I made a small hard wood block with a "V" to contain the top lever shaft and held in place with a "C" clamp and tapped it out until it was past the spring. Reassembly in reverse.
Posted By: SIXSKB Re: Iver Johnson Hercules Disassembly? - 02/03/21 01:29 PM
Thought there may be more, got out the pcs. made. Will need a piece of drill rod about 1-1/2" long same dia. as the shaft as a follow through when you drive it out and for reassembly. Also a wood block with a minor cut out for the other end of the "C" clamp for applying pressure (don't remember what it contains).
Posted By: Travis S Re: Iver Johnson Hercules Disassembly? - 02/03/21 11:45 PM
Yep that is it. I turned the lever over to the right a bit and that helped with a ramping effect as opposed to working against the full surface of the lever return plunger.

Cool little gun. I am just about getting it all back together for a late season quail hunt. I tell you the hammers were about as tough as any to get back in the gun and that includes those of a Lefever nitro.

Many thanks for the help.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Iver Johnson Hercules Disassembly? - 02/21/21 09:47 PM
Sounds like a piece of cake. I guess I won't be taking my Skeeters apart any time soon.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com