doublegunshop.com - home
I just purchased a Victor Sarasqueta 7e and the forend tip is missing, the engraved metal piece at the end. It looks like my DIY project is going to be recreating this piece but I'm in need of picture of the tip from a few angles. I would gladly appreciate any pictures of the tip removed from the forend and also any advice from anyone that has done this.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon
That is a big job for such a small piece. It is much more complicated making metal to fit pre-existing inletting than to inlet metal into wood. I will drop you a pm with a source for forgings. If they have one that will work for you, you will be miles ahead starting with a forging vs bar stock.
Steve
BMills,
If you search hobby or modeling catalogs, you might find something you can make a casting of the let in area with, which can then be used to transfer measurements from.
Mike
Thanks for the replies Steve and Mike.
Even if you have measurement from a cast model it's still a big job just to inlet that piece I have one out if you need pictures
Thanks. I sent you a PM.
There are a few pics here:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/9655725...ARASQUETA-12-Gauge-Sidelock-Shotguns.htm
FWIW-- I have, at present, a Victor S. boxlock 20--no fancy metal forearm tip, a field grade gun, but well made. But in my cigar box of stock and buttplate "odds and ends" I have an intact black ebony forend tip that might fit your gun, if you want to use that as a substitute for the engraved metal part than somehow came out. Worth a shot maybe? RWTF
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com