doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: argolee504 Information on paradox gun - 01/19/12 05:00 AM
I am wanting to buid a sxs gun for hunting hogs in a 12 ga I have read about the paradox guns of the last century and would like ideas and info on the feasabiloity of this project. Do the paradox guns really offer advantages or was it mostly marketing hype. I have no experience with this type gun. Was planning on something designed for full bore round ball or something like the dixie slugs. any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated

Argolee504
Posted By: PM Re: Information on paradox gun - 01/19/12 07:42 AM
No hype. A 12 bore paradox handles shot like a fine shotgun but is also a potent double rifle firing 740gr conical from 1050 to 1500fps, that's the paradox. The "magic" is the rifled chokes of the paradox gun Very difficult to create a true paradox gun but a fully rifled gauge gun or a smoothbore ball and shotgun are possible. You might want to buy Roger Lakes book Paradox@ www.paradox-horsley.com.

Posted By: argolee504 Re: Information on paradox gun - 01/20/12 02:23 AM
so help me to understand this paradox thing it is a full choked shotgun that is rifled for the last few inches right or is it cylinder bore and rifled the last few inches. I have been told that rifled choke tubes dont really work and i would much rather have something fixed choke tubes to me just dont seem right . any information will be greatly appreciated and i will definately get the book

argolee504
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com