doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Hoof Valmet O/U scope mounting options? - 02/15/20 01:40 PM
Here's hoping that some of you may have started on the double rifle journey as I need to, with a less expensive over and under.

I just got a very nice Valmet 412 30-06 and would like to avoid adding 40% to the guns cost by buying the ridiculously expensive removable scope mount.

Has anyone here had one drilled and tapped for a standard scope base, and if so which base (original application) works?

Thank you,
CHAZ
Posted By: oskar Re: Valmet O/U scope mounting options? - 02/15/20 03:19 PM
Here is an option. I looked at it a few years ago.

https://www.go2gbo.com/forums/122-drilli...ount-plans.html

Also I understand that it is an 11mm rail with a cut out for the recoil lug/clamp. You should be able to modify a mount for an airgun, I used one on my Bernardelli combo for a while but my rail on the rifle was long enough to use three rings.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A5I...854S7RQ76W7ZQSX
Posted By: Hoof Re: Valmet O/U scope mounting options? - 02/15/20 05:39 PM
The 11mm dovetail seems short at only about 3", I'm going to see if I can find a high end air gun mount that would fit.
Thanks!
CHAZ
Posted By: Hoof Re: Valmet O/U scope mounting options? - 02/15/20 06:07 PM
Just found that BKL technologies;
BKL
has many options for 11mm bases. Even some with the offset I might need to move the scope back far enough to eliminate needing a long eye relief scope.
Thanks again,
CHAZ
Posted By: Old No7 Re: Valmet O/U scope mounting options? - 04/21/20 05:29 PM
OK, so I am late to the party...

But in the event this helps the original poster or possibly someone else who comes along, check these mounts out -- as they are lower (Weaver style) which prevents the scope from being mounted too high:

UTG 11mm Dovetail to Weaver Adapter mounts (Click for link) which worked really well for me on a Marrochi O/U 12/222 combo gun to which I had added a 1-4X scope for coyotes.

The price for those is NICE too!

Old No7
Posted By: Hoof Re: Valmet O/U scope mounting options? - 04/22/20 02:31 AM
Thanks,
I am not too impressed with the mount I got (although I haven't shot the gun since installation).
I will order a pair of these also and see what I think.
Thanks!
CHAZ
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Valmet O/U scope mounting options? - 04/22/20 01:55 PM
Hoof,
Take a look at Recknagel's ( ERA) catalog. They have a "slide on" mount that fits your rifle, Heym, Bruno, and maybe others. They have a website and US rep. This mount extends at the rear and allows mounting a scope far enough back.
Mike
Posted By: Hoof Re: Valmet O/U scope mounting options? - 04/22/20 10:22 PM
One of their US dealers is only 30 miles from me. I will find out from them if they can order what I need.
Thank you!
CHAZ
Posted By: Vol423 Re: Valmet O/U scope mounting options? - 06/10/20 12:00 AM
I have two sets of the Recknagel mounts. Both had to be modified to clamp onto the Valmet rail. They wouldn’t tighten securely. Once modified they are excellent.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com