doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: xkkat NEW MEMBER WITH KRIEGHOFF - 03/15/24 08:24 PM
HI from Australia This is my first post I have just acquired a Krieghoff Trumpf Drilling #66924
Its 16 x 16 x5.6x57 dated November 1966 It has a Krieghoff sub caliber 400 mm insert in .22wmr
fitted to the RH barrel and a Zeiss 6x42 scope in claw mounts The condition is about 90% As yet unfired by me Its extra tight on the face and all barrels are unmarked I haven't measured the shotgun chokes yet
It has a few small issues /// RHS firing pin is bent and the sub-cal insert locating pin in the RHS extractor is damaged, probably due to someone unfamiliar with sub-cal inserts It has a Greener style cross bolt snap action which probably has a broken spring. Any members with info/ comments on my problems are welcome. Are there any drawings available of the workings of the action? Also any leads on a Krieghoff
trade label for a case I,m going to make Regards Terry Hilton AUSTRALIA
Posted By: skeettx Re: NEW MEMBER WITH KRIEGHOFF - 03/16/24 05:02 AM
Terry
Welcome on your first posting

I have and shoot a Krieghoff Drilling with 16 x 16 x 8x57JR

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Krieghoff-Trumph-Drilling-New-Unfitted-Parts-125-/274379134239

Mike
Posted By: xkkat Re: NEW MEMBER WITH KRIEGHOFF - 03/16/24 08:00 AM
Thanks fror that mike but we cant import gun parts into OZ without a lot of trouble However the long coil spring part in the top of the e bay pic looks like it might be the cross polt lever return spring much same as Greener do it Will let you know when I get it pulled down >I tried the 22mag insert today ,(the one with the 400mm barrel) which isn't supported except at the breech end Got a 3 shot group of 3/4 inch at 100 yards Amazing Regards Terry OZ
Posted By: Der Ami Re: NEW MEMBER WITH KRIEGHOFF - 03/18/24 02:27 PM
xkkat,
The repairs you need are neither particular to Krieghoff or especially difficult to accomplish. I suggest you turn the drilling over to one of your excellent Australian gunsmiths for repair. I am certain you will be pleased with the results.
Mike
Posted By: ellenbr Re: NEW MEMBER WITH KRIEGHOFF - 03/21/24 11:33 PM
You might find some technical info on Dietrich Apel's website:

https://www.germanhuntingguns.com/archives/archive-krieghoff-51-52-53-55-56-57-58-59-60-62-t/

The Patent might be another possibility.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com