doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Shawn Thoughts on Montana Vintage Arms scopes - 01/22/09 09:45 PM
I purchased a MVA scope for my Sharps rifle. I wanted a vintage looking scope to complement the rifle. I don't know much about these scopes or their quality. Does any one have any experience with them? Thanks
Should have asked before you bought !!
Posted By: e15cap Re: Thoughts on Montana Vintage Arms scopes - 01/23/09 02:18 AM
Very nice scope and used by most silohuette shooters.
I had one and used it, liked the optics fine but didn't like the big honkin' elevation knob sticking way up there just begging to be bent.
Regards, Joe
Posted By: mriisj Re: Thoughts on Montana Vintage Arms scopes - 01/23/09 02:56 PM
I have 2 of them and I am very pleased with them, I first bought one Malcolm from Leatherwoods with their high precision mounts, the scope itself was fine but the mounts was crap, called and mailed their so called service center many times for new spare parts that were missing, after a year with nothing I simply gave up un them and I decided to purchase the MVA scopes instead and this is quite another ballgame with their quality and service in top.

Michael
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Thoughts on Montana Vintage Arms scopes - 01/26/09 11:22 PM
MVA by all accounts manufactures top rate goods. I've yet to see the companies scope but talked with then on the phone and they seemed agreeable to selling me one without the mounts. I would probable use the cool Stevens mount made by Gil Parsons (he had them is stock last time I asked). The mount is a lot less bulky and more suitable for the Low Wall planned for.
Steve,
Can you describe the Parson's mount? I'd be interested to know more about it. Does it have a vernier scale?

Brent
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Thoughts on Montana Vintage Arms scopes - 01/27/09 11:09 PM
Brent, Hope you can tell something from this pic, it's been years since I've seen one.

Or go to [url=www.parsonsscopeservice.com]http://www.parsonsscopeservice.com[/url] and get the phone number.
It does not have a vernier scale and is much more of a field mount than a target type.
No, it does not have a venier scale unless it is in that knob, but not obviously. I see why you like it however. Very sleek.

Do they click?
Posted By: Vall Re: Thoughts on Montana Vintage Arms scopes - 01/28/09 03:35 AM
Looks a lot like the original Stevens scope mounts.
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Thoughts on Montana Vintage Arms scopes - 01/28/09 07:51 PM
According to Gil, it is a virtual copy of the original Stevens, and as I remember, it doesn't click.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com