doublegunshop.com - home
This one is a beauty. I haven't seen one nicer with regard to either condition or refinement.

that's a really different front sight. Thanks for the pictures.

Brent
A beauty. .303 or .280?
Thanks, I do find it very attractive as well. Like all Scotch Deerstalkers, it is a .280.
More questions, is that the safety on the bolt? I see the scotch rifles dont have the Harris lever, Are they harder to load with out it?

What a fine rifle.
W-R, to my eyes, produced some of the lurvliest of the Brit-o rifles. A fella here has a W-R 'take-apart' that is the epitome of slender grace.

Rigby's are all right, too. ;~`)
I had to laugh at an old add I saw for the Ross .280 that had a testimonial of a chap that killed a mountain goat at over 1 mile away!!!!!!!!!!!
'Twasn't a goat but a Desert Bighorn ewe, estimated to have been 1,800-2,000 yards from the open-sighted Ross muzzle.
Ralph Edmonds of Idaho Falls pulled the trigger on this one and a small lamb at a mere 800 yards. There was a write-up on Edmonds' trip in Outdoor Life about 1915, and he is pictured with the slain sheep in Ross advertising of the period.
I keep telling you guys, the .280 cartridge and the rifle it was chambered in were way ahead of its time

Grogel - yes, the safety is on the bolt. And no problem pushing cartridges into the magazine without the Harris lever.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com