doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Harry Eales Help needed with screw dimensions. - 09/25/10 06:12 AM
Gentlemen,

An internet friend has recently purchased a Sharps Borchardt Sporting Rifle action, the type with the part octagonal receiver ring. This action is fitted with the original Sharps Borchardt set trigger. It is complete except for the trigger setting adjustment screw which was missing when purchased.

Does anyone have one of the Borchardt actions with this type of set trigger who can supply the size of the screw head and the length, diam, and TPI of the thread.

I have tried all my usual contacts with a negative result. A picture of another Sharps Borchardt action with the DST is shown with an arrow indicating the screw.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

Harry

Posted By: J.D.Steele Re: Help needed with screw dimensions. - 09/25/10 10:43 AM
The diameter and thread pitch can be approximated by fabbing a small wooden dowel of an appropriate size and then forcefully screwing it into the threaded hole by hand. Make it from Pine or other soft wood, tapering the nose and using a dab of wetted soap as a lubricant. It may take several tries before success and it may not work at all but it's better than nothing.

Sorry my earlier collector contact info didn't work out for you, good luck!
Regards, Joe
Posted By: Harry Eales Re: Help needed with screw dimensions. - 09/25/10 11:44 AM
Hello Joe,

Thanks, I am familiar with the process, in this case I think a toothpick will probably suffice. If no one comes up with specific dimensions it will be a case of try a selection of small screws until one is found that fits, and take it from there.

The other dimensions I can approximate by enlarging the picture and scaling the sizes from a known dimension, such as the trigger pin which is 0.10" in dia. It may not be precise, but a blind man on a galloping horse might overlook it.

I tried your contact numbers several times but got no reply, the time differences don't help either.

Harry
Posted By: waterman Re: Help needed with screw dimensions. - 09/25/10 04:45 PM
Sometimes there really are coincidences. My wife & I listen to a weekly radio program called "A Way With Words". Last Week's program discussed the origins of something being overlooked by a blind man on on a galloping horse.
Posted By: Harry Eales Re: Help needed with screw dimensions. - 09/25/10 05:18 PM
Originally Posted By: waterman
Sometimes there really are coincidences. My wife & I listen to a weekly radio program called "A Way With Words". Last Week's program discussed the origins of something being overlooked by a blind man on on a galloping horse.

Hello Waterman,

There may be other definitions of the phrase but I understand it to mean:- "It's not perfect, but it's good or near enough."

Harry
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com