doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Tentman Looking for a Mauser Front Sight with Bead - 11/17/11 05:43 AM
Hello Folks

I’m after a front sight element with a bead (rather than the military barleycorn or later post) for a Mauser sporting rifle. It needs to have the 5.26 mm (0.207) dovetail (which is the same as the military one) and be at least 8 mm (5/16 or 0.3125) high.

Maybe someone has one on an old barrel ??

Thanks - Foster
Posted By: tomc Re: Looking for a Mauser Front Sight with Bead - 11/18/11 04:04 PM
Foster
Do you have a military sight to exchange for the lyman you are looking for?
No but I do have the original low Mauser sporting bead, which is pretty uncommon . .. . do you have a suggestion ?
Posted By: tomc Re: Looking for a Mauser Front Sight with Bead - 11/19/11 02:55 PM
I have the sight you are looking for but it is on a rifle that I sporterized years ago. I would consider an exchange if you had a suitable replacement.
Tom
Tom - I'll have a dig through my parts stash, but in any case I could easily have you sent one from stateside. If you are seeking to "restore" your rifle to it's military configuration I'd need a little more info on the model etc to get you one that is "correct" to your rifle.

If you'd like to take this further please email me at prices@slingshot.co.nz

Many thanks
Foster
Hi Tom

I do have an original military front sight blade (and the ramp with band too). Its .3125 high and is the "barley-corn" or tapered type. I think it is of Brno manufacture, probably off a VZ-33 but will fit a standard 98 as well.Is it of interest to you ?

Cheers - Foster
Posted By: tomc Re: Looking for a Mauser Front Sight with Bead - 11/21/11 09:23 PM
Foster
Brownells lists a williams sight with the dimentions you are looking for. PN962-161-310AB
Tom
Tom, that sight will have the standard 3/8" dovetail.

David
Yep - it has the 3/8 dt. I have now sourced one that meets my needs(very expensively) via Gunbroker. Tom - would you like the military sights I have, no cost just let me know your address.
Posted By: tomc Re: Looking for a Mauser Front Sight with Bead - 11/23/11 05:02 AM
Foster
Thanks for the offer but I don;t need the sight I will leave my rifle like it is.
Tom
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com