doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Alvin Linden #1 New Orleans Gun Stores? - 01/10/12 12:57 AM
Anyone with recommendations on Gunstores in New Orleans that deal in Classic Rifles? Thanks
Posted By: J.D.Steele Re: New Orleans Gun Stores? - 01/10/12 01:36 AM
At one time there was New Orleans Arms, may still be there in The Quarter. IIRC I visited it exactly once, prices were sky-high IMO but I was young and dumb back then (now too, according to My Bride, grin).

For a possible price-&-quality yardstick, Lynton McKenzie (!) was associated with them at one time.
Regards, Joe
Posted By: Recoil Rob Re: New Orleans Gun Stores? - 01/10/12 06:02 AM
I was there in 1998, I remember looking for gun stores and not having much luck. If I recall there were a few pawn shops but not much else.

Stick with music and oysters, can't go wrong there.
Posted By: Thaine Re: New Orleans Gun Stores? - 01/10/12 04:13 PM
I lived there during the 80's and Gretna Gun was a good shop. A google shows they are still in business (since 1948). Can't say what they are like now, but back then the couple (IIRC) running it were good folks. Remember they had the only pair of Weatherby pistols (22-250 & 308) that I had ever seen together. They were big into IHMSA at the time.
Thaine
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: New Orleans Gun Stores? - 01/10/12 05:50 PM
Bring beads!
Posted By: WJL Re: New Orleans Gun Stores? - 01/10/12 10:05 PM
You don't need to "bring beads" to New Orleans. It's Mardi Gras season. Catch all you want.

Jerry Liles
Posted By: RJH Re: New Orleans Gun Stores? - 01/11/12 02:43 AM

I'm with Steven, "Bring a lot a beads" with the crowd yellin "Show us your ----".

Jerry, I wouldn't be catchin too many if I were you. smile
Posted By: Alvin Linden Re: New Orleans Gun Stores? - 01/11/12 03:25 AM
Before any of you get any ideas, my lovely wife and daughter will be with me in NAWLINS and both are Classic gun fanciers and excellent shots! Need I say more!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com