doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: tunes WTB / 8x58r Danish dies and brass - 02/24/12 08:42 PM
Bought a Husky roller from Simson's and am in need of a set of dies and some brass for a 8x58r Danish.

thanks, tunes
Posted By: Roundsworth Re: WTB / 8x58r Danish dies and brass - 05/17/12 12:37 PM
Have you found any dies, yet? I gave up the search and bought the RCBS dies. I have an 1872 dated Carl Gustaf rifle modified in 1893 for 8x58R. It is quite a shooter! My long-term goal is to fit a tang sight from Montana Vintage Arms. I have used their products in the past with no complaints. Buffalo Arms makes nice brass from 45-70 cases in two configurations. One has a .063" thick rim for Krag rifles and one at .070" for the rolling block. Good luck!
Posted By: Roundsworth Re: WTB / 8x58r Danish dies and brass - 05/24/12 01:43 AM
I just modified an old Winchester sight hood for the front sight and installed an after-market trigger spring. Wow! The new trigger spring is the next best thing to a set trigger. I could not believe it! My load right now is a 190 grain gas checked lead bullet from a Saeco 81 mold, sized to .324", over 24 grains of IMR 3031. I do not have a chronograph, so I cannot tell you what the initial velocity is. Stay away from milsurp ammunition unless it is labeled for the converted Remingtons. Ammo for the Krag bolt action is pretty stiff and woud put a strain on the old girl!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com