doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: grogel Took a chance on ebay with a sight. - 02/23/13 11:19 PM
I bid on a sight knowing it was a marble-Goss Bolt sleeve sight but didn't know how complete it was or what it fit. It slid right in place of the safety on my springfield.

Kind of lucky that the stem that fits into the safety hole is still with the sight because nothing holds it into the sight, is just a locating pin. A set screw sets into the slot that the safety detent ball rides in, locking the sight to the bolt sleeve.

The spring loaded pin and a set screw on the underside ride up onto the receiver bringing the sight to the same position each time the bolt is closed.

The safety lever on the side turns a notched shaft that would fit into a slot filed into the cocking piece, locking it in place when cocked.
Posted By: PhysDoc Re: Took a chance on ebay with a sight. - 02/24/13 02:38 AM
Fantastic find, congratulations
Originally Posted By: PhysDoc
Fantastic find, congratulations
Indeed. By Marbles- do you mean the Marbles of Gladstone, MI? Goss is a new one, at one time was he perhaps a designer-machinist working for Marbles- darn clever design, and first class machine shop work- the good gripping knurled surfaces on the adjustment rings are indicative of that, IMO anyway.
Indeed a nice find, I don't have one of these and have not seen one on many sporters.
Posted By: Tom Davis Re: Took a chance on ebay with a sight. - 02/24/13 11:58 AM
Nice find. It appears they had a several mounting options for their sight. I watched this auction recently on GB, this Marbles-Goss appears to attach via the magazine cutoff:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327961959
Posted By: grogel Re: Took a chance on ebay with a sight. - 02/24/13 05:03 PM
Tom, I watched that Auction and considered chasing that one too. I love an unusual sight. Now to find a proper sporter without a cut out in the stock for a 48S...
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com