doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: whitey A open letter to all members - 05/21/13 08:35 AM
I have been a member here from close to the start. Of Dave starting it. Thanks to I believe Michael and Terry getting involved.
I really enjoy it and have made some great friends here. And I love to see all these super classic rifles and custom rifles that many find. And wish that all of us could find one. BUT don't. Smile however I am sure lots of members are either restoring one they found needing lots of help. Or building some fine classic style rifles Based on the parts (actions etc) they buy or parts they are hunting for. For my self and (I hope other members)I would really enjoy seeing some of these restorations and classic rifle projects posted for everyone to see. I know we do see some of these projects from time to time but feel there is many more out there. Smile that hopefully many other would enjoy seeing what you are doing.?? Just my opion for what it cost. Nothing. Smile If you feel it's maybe not something for this site no problem as I will still enjoy it. Whitey
Posted By: Gerald A. Mele Re: A open letter to all members - 05/22/13 07:07 AM
Whitey,
I to enjoy the pics of peoples porjects. I can learn a lot from them.

As soon as I finish the LC smith I am saving, I have a rifle project I am going to start... it may be a foolish one, but it is for the learning experience that I am going to try it. I will take your thoughts and take som pics to post for smiles.

Thanks for your comment

Jerry
Posted By: whitey Re: A open letter to all members - 05/22/13 02:36 PM
Jerry that would be great. Whitey
Posted By: mwhite49 Re: A open letter to all members - 05/22/13 03:32 PM
Hi Whitey, I'm going to ask Alvin Lind if he will take some pictures of my Steyr Mannlicher stock in progress. He has the blank now from Goby wood, he could not believe the UPS man when he showed up with the blan, it is 60 inches long and 3 thick. Only reasonable price decent blank I cold find for a long Mannlicher stock was from Goby wood muzzle loder stock blank section. He will profile it and inlet for a buttplate and a pistol grip cap for me. I'll do the finish work myself.
Mike
Posted By: whitey Re: A open letter to all members - 05/22/13 11:30 PM
Thanks Mike I am sure we would enjoy it. Whitey
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com