doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Michael Petrov Revisiting Harvey W. Rodgers. - 01/22/14 04:45 AM
I was never happy with the pictures published of my Rodgers 1903 so I thought we might have a little better look.

I have a lot of respect for Mr. Rodgers work and I try not to rank the makers in any kind of order. I will say he would certainly be in the final half-dozen if I did.

Some rifles seem to photograph better than others, I’m not sure I’ll ever be happy with these. It might be that the rifle is a lot better in person than in pictures.

I’ve been very lucky to have had four or so Rodgers rifles over the years, I really like his work.

More Pictures tomorrow.

Posted By: Michael Petrov Re: Revisiting Harvey W. Rodgers. - 01/22/14 04:45 AM
Posted By: SDH-MT Re: Revisiting Harvey W. Rodgers. - 01/22/14 05:34 AM
A Very fine rifle...
Posted By: gasgunner Re: Revisiting Harvey W. Rodgers. - 01/22/14 01:34 PM
Thanks Michael, you know I am always happy to see Harvey Rodgers work. It may be that so much of the things that make his work stand out are the subtle details that are hard to capture in pictures. The inletting, the rounding of the wood to the metal, the attention to every last detail of the stock. Even something about his checkering that makes it stand out from all the others. You just have to hold one in your hand to appreciate the little details. Even his reworking of a plain old Win 52 stock makes it a thing of beauty.

Posted By: Michael Petrov Re: Revisiting Harvey W. Rodgers. - 01/22/14 05:39 PM

Posted By: Michael Petrov Re: Revisiting Harvey W. Rodgers. - 01/22/14 05:42 PM
The rear sight bracket and the side mount are both Hart Arms Co. ones. The caliber is 30-06. Not sure how well it shows in the picture but there is a raised portion down the center of the pistol grip for the fold in your hand when holding the rifle.

Posted By: Michael Petrov Re: Revisiting Harvey W. Rodgers. - 01/22/14 06:46 PM
A Mauser that lived here at one time.

Posted By: Michael Petrov Re: Revisiting Harvey W. Rodgers. - 01/22/14 06:52 PM
The Hart Arms Company display rifle, carving by a Czech who did carving on furniture and church ornamentation, stock by Mr. Rodgers. I believe that all the etched figures on the rifle were done by Mr. Rodgers given his art background.

© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com