doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Hoot4570 Front globe sight question - 09/15/15 11:51 AM
Hopefully, I'm not straying too far off topic but I suspect there's folks here who know these things.
============
I'm on a semi-silly mission to build a "target gun" out of a little Martini in the stable. Because it's veddy, veddy British, I sourced a Parker Hale #7A rear sight and had it mounted. Next up, of course, is a Parker Hale tube/tunnel/globe front. The housing is in hand and inserts are readily available. What bit is missing is the base (it is a clamp-on style).

So, is the base the same for all of these style of front sights? That is, can I buy a Redfield/Williams base and expect the P-H to simply clamp on? I have searched but I haven't stumbled into dimensions (other than height) yet.

Any and all guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!
Posted By: Craigster Re: Front globe sight question - 09/15/15 03:45 PM
This might give you some ideas:

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/BSA_sights_and_accessories.htm
Posted By: Harry Eales Re: Front globe sight question - 09/16/15 04:23 AM
Hoot4570,

Sir,
Before you get all excited the prices for these items now are rather higher than shown in the catalogues shown. In recent years the prices of used or second hand sights have become astronomical. You could try Fulton's of Bisley they have a website from which you can get their phone and Email details from just 'Google' Fulton's of Bisley. As you may gather they are based in England and I'm not sure chat O'barmy's policy is on importing firearms parts.

Harry
Posted By: Hoot4570 Re: Front globe sight question - 09/16/15 10:59 AM
Craigster, Thank you. A general Google search led me there and it is bookmarked but is still pretty light on actual dimensions. I will continue the quest.

Harry, In the same Googling session, I did stumble into current purveyors of these goods so I *may* be over the sticker shock. I will look into Fultons anyway. Thanks for the input.

All the best,
Hoot
Posted By: waterman Re: Front globe sight question - 09/16/15 04:06 PM
Steve Earle makes all sorts of scope blocks, bases and adapters, including those for front sights. He might have something that would work or might be willing to make what you need.
Posted By: Boats Re: Front globe sight question - 09/20/15 10:19 PM
Steve Earl has made special front sight bases for me several times. He's the guy you should go to.

Boats
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com