doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Brian Fine rifle question - 10/30/19 01:36 AM
Looking at the Sako 85 Bavarian Carbine, full stock. nice rifle, around 2K so I consider it a "fine gun" that meets the criteria to be discussed here.
anyway, 2 questions
1. Anyone here have one , shoot one?
2. Does anyone make lightweight alloy rings for Sako dovetail receivers? I cannot find anyone.
shame to mount a small scope on this with heavy steel rings when they are not needed
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: Fine rifle question - 10/30/19 12:09 PM
You probably ought to ask in the rifle section. All I can tell you is I had a Sako Vixen once in .243 and it killed a lot of deer...Geo
Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Fine rifle question - 10/30/19 12:36 PM
I have a pre-Garcia L59 Sako Forrester in .243Win. Many years ago, a good friend and collector/shooter told me: "If you ever invest in a Sako rifle, you'll never, ever sell it." He was right, mine is what we called in the USMC a "Dinger"-- over the past 30 years, it has killed a ton of: woodchucks, fox, coyote, feral cats, crows, etc. Never have used it for deer in MI- as I prefer Dad's older M70 30-06 with 180 grain Core-Loct bullets. Both wear Leupold M3 scopes, the Sako has a 4x12, the M-70 a 2x7--If the proverbial "wolf came to the door" and I had to sell all my rifles, centerfire and rimfire, these and my M63Win (scoped) would be the last ones I would ever part with. RWTF
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Fine rifle question - 10/30/19 12:41 PM
I think mine are Talley...Ill have to check.
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Fine rifle question - 10/31/19 03:15 PM
Brian,

I know I have some "real steel" Sako mounts and I may have some alloy knock off Sako mounts, I'll check tonight. I also have several of the Sako peep sights if you need one.

Ken
Posted By: Brian Re: Fine rifle question - 11/02/19 09:51 PM
Ken
Thanks
Posted By: Brian Re: Fine rifle question - 11/02/19 09:53 PM
ALCON,
thanks for info.
I am looking at a Sako 85 Bavarian full stock in 308.
on the verge!!!
Posted By: Ken Nelson Re: Fine rifle question - 11/05/19 02:31 PM
Brian,

Checked my Sako rings.....all are the standard steel variety.

Sorry,
Ken
Posted By: Brian Re: Fine rifle question - 11/06/19 01:43 PM
Thanks for checking Ken
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com