doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Run With The Fox Flaig's - 10/07/20 01:18 PM
Were they a bit like Herters? Saw a 7.9 MAUSER custom BA, with a ribbed barrel, Buehler Mounts, side safety (FN?) in a custom cheek piecestock, with a Wundhammer pg swell- Pachmayr red pad-anybody familiar with this brand?? RWTF
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Flaig's - 10/07/20 01:48 PM
Nah, I think a bit more upper rung there Francis. They imported the likes of Ludwig Borovnik, who was most proud of his Slovenia heritage. So proud that he only employed Slovenian mechanics so that Slovenian families could feed themselves and asked Slovenian hunters to purchase from him exclusively. He and his family were jailed, expelled, ostracized, etc by the Germans during the Hitler period and just managed to survive the period, when Germans / Austrians plundered his shop & wares. But in the end he managed to weather the storm and came out on top.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Marks_21 Re: Flaig's - 10/07/20 03:02 PM
This is the rifle that turned me on to Flaigs. A Siamese Mauser in 45-70

Posted By: Run With The Fox Re: Flaig's - 10/07/20 09:03 PM
Looks a bit like the M98 with side safety (FN and Sako style) with the Buehler rings and mounts in 8mm Mauser that I saw recently at a area gun shop.. RWTF
Posted By: redoak Re: Flaig's - 10/08/20 03:34 AM
Marks

Nice looking rifle!
Posted By: gasgunner Re: Flaig's - 10/09/20 11:00 AM
Nice rifle. That is a cut or two above the typical Flaig's job. I did a couple of those Siamese Mausers years ago. One a 45-70, the other a .348 Win necked up to .375 and blown out to Ackley improved. Neither are nearly as nice as the one pictured.

John
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com