doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: Glacierjohn Jerry Fisher master smith.., - 03/01/21 08:47 PM
About a month ago I posted about a Tom Burgess Mauser I’ve owned for the past thirty years. It’s a beautiful gun with a beautiful stock of some unknown stock maker. Tom recognized his work in 1992 when I brought it into him to fix a faulty Model 70 style safety, but he couldn’t place the stock maker for certain.

Anyway in talking to a friend I was delighted to hear that Jerry Fisher is still alive and well and he lives only ten miles from me. I had the great pleasure of visiting with him in his shop near Bigfork last Saturday. OMG what a great guy! His shop is in tip top form, and at 91, he is still building world class rifles. I got a full tour of his shop, it’s like going back in time and visiting with Thomas Jefferson in his office in Montecello. I got to hold some unbelievable pieces out of his safe and his trusty old, really really beat up Model 70.

Oh btw, he recognized the stock maker of my gun as being Russ Leonard of Spokane, Bastogne walnut, Biesen checkered grip cap and Neidner checkered butt plate. I’m currently refreshing the Checkering on a couple shotguns and he gave me some tips and encouragement.

What an enriching afternoon, I’ll go back for sure.
Posted By: Glacierjohn Re: Jerry Fisher master smith.., - 03/01/21 09:05 PM
I meant to post this on the single barrel forum. I’d like to copy and paste it over there.
Posted By: Lloyd3 Re: Jerry Fisher master smith.., - 03/01/21 11:37 PM
So glad to hear Jerry Fisher is doing well.
Posted By: gil russell Re: Jerry Fisher master smith.., - 03/02/21 02:17 AM
One of the very best stock guys of all time...
Posted By: bavarianbrit Re: Jerry Fisher master smith.., - 03/06/21 10:33 AM
https://www.fieldandstream.com/articles/guns/2003/01/jerry-fisher-master-gunmaker/
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com