doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: DanLH Baltimore Gun Show - 03/15/22 03:36 AM
It looks like the Baltimore gun show will happen this year. I have signed up for 3 years to show my G&H display and will be there this weekend in the show ring. If you are there stop by and say hello.
Dan
Posted By: eightbore Re: Baltimore Gun Show - 03/15/22 10:56 AM
That should be worth a trip to Baltimore. I will be there all three days. My ex-tables B-4 and B-5 will be manned by two guys who are more equipped for three days of sitting than I. I will bring my one G&H rifle, #109 1903.
Posted By: Gary D. Re: Baltimore Gun Show - 03/15/22 03:21 PM
I'll look for both of you. The only Baltimore Shows I've missed over the last 50 years have been the last two canceled for Covid. I will admit to still missing the old venue at the 5th Regiment Armory.
Posted By: Remington40x Re: Baltimore Gun Show - 03/15/22 08:16 PM
I haven't been for a couple of years, but the last time I attended Baltimore, I think the average age of the crowd was pushing 70. My comment to my buddy was that the last of the guys with tables to survive was going to have one hell of an antique arms collection.

I do hope that changes, but given the limited interest in the things I do know something about (sxs shotguns), I'm not optimistic.
Posted By: eightbore Re: Baltimore Gun Show - 03/15/22 09:22 PM
One of the old exhibitors just dropped out a very few years ago and he just celebrated his 100th birthday. Don't count out the oldtimers. They are still buying as well as selling. I am more than 50 years into Baltimore, remember the Fifth Regiment Armory well. It is a good example of global warming. I remember stalking into the Armory in windy sub 20 degree weather. Today it's 65 degrees and sunny in Maryland. My yard is taken over by robins and doves.
Posted By: mc Re: Baltimore Gun Show - 03/16/22 02:23 AM
Yes eightbore it's called weather,last year I had snow this year 60 the year before more snow
Posted By: DanLH Re: Baltimore Gun Show - 03/16/22 03:49 AM
I just had a call from my traveling partner and he has a family emergency so I may not get there after all. At 85 I'm not prepared to drive 1100 miles alone. I'll know for sure tomorrow.
Posted By: Gary D. Re: Baltimore Gun Show - 03/16/22 03:55 AM
Originally Posted by eightbore
One of the old exhibitors just dropped out a very few years ago and he just celebrated his 100th birthday. Don't count out the oldtimers. They are still buying as well as selling. I am more than 50 years into Baltimore, remember the Fifth Regiment Armory well. It is a good example of global warming. I remember stalking into the Armory in windy sub 20 degree weather. Today it's 65 degrees and sunny in Maryland. My yard is taken over by robins and doves.

Indeed. I remember standing in line at the 5th Reg't Armory shivering and stamping my feet to stay warm. It was nice also to buy a rifle to carry when walking back to my car - never was I accosted by a Baltimore punk. Had a cop standing on a corner once beckon me over so he could check out the Springfield I was carrying. "Got any bullets for it" he said. "Nope" I said. "Too bad" he said, "might need 'em depending on how far you gotta walk."
Posted By: eightbore Re: Baltimore Gun Show - 03/16/22 05:20 AM
Today you would need the bullets in that neighborhood. Baltimore is on a roll to a record number of street murders. Timonium Fairgrounds is a much safer area. Dan, please keep us informed.
Posted By: LRF Re: Baltimore Gun Show - 03/16/22 01:11 PM
Had the chance to see Dan's fine collection in 2019 at the Sioux Falls show. If Dan can't go there will be a hole in the show. Its as fine a group of "craftmanship" one can ever have the chance to see. They will miss you Dan.

As for the safety issue in Baltimore, personally I won't cross into the city limits. I survived 2 years in Nam and added +50 years since, have no reason to risk that survival at 72.
Posted By: DanLH Re: Baltimore Gun Show - 03/16/22 03:10 PM
I just had to cancel the table, sorry about the late change in plans. I already had the car packed except for the guns. We plan to try again next year.

Lynn, thanks for the good words about the display.

Dan
Posted By: eightbore Re: Baltimore Gun Show - 03/16/22 09:09 PM
Dan, so sorry you will miss the show. We will miss you and your display too.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com