doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: montenegrin 1938 Mauser Werke book - 02/04/24 01:03 PM
Hello,

Many years ago I found somewhere this nicely illustrated German book from 1938 titled "Geschichte der Mauser Werke" (History of Mauser Works). Today I came across it while searching for something else and wondered how much it might be worth. So I checked online and found it offered for from under 200 to over 600. But I was not little surprised by the fact that all books offered seem to be soft cover, while mine is hard cover (cloth/linen). So, is the hard cover version of this 1938 classic considered rare?

Cheers,
Jani
Posted By: mc Re: 1938 Mauser Werke book - 02/04/24 01:38 PM
I would think so
Posted By: keith Re: 1938 Mauser Werke book - 02/05/24 02:25 AM
Maybe. But you will need to do further research to try to determine if this book was ever offered in a hardback version.

You have to consider the possibility that the book was rebound with a hard cover at some point. Bookbinding used to be a thing. It is still done, but the craft isn't as common as it once was. A good bookbinder or rare book expert might be able to determine if your Mauser book was rebound.
Posted By: KDGJ Re: 1938 Mauser Werke book - 02/05/24 08:18 PM
Based on this search Mauser Book. It looks like hard cover and soft cover are about the same price. Condition drives the price. The one softcover book is pretty cheap compared to the other ones for sale. I assume the book is written in German—correct?

Ken
Posted By: montenegrin Re: 1938 Mauser Werke book - 02/07/24 06:16 PM
Correct, the book is written in German. And there are many photographs.

Cheers,
Jani
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com