doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ed good WALKER FOR VEEP? - 03/30/15 01:36 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/scott-walkers-gloomy-pitch-for-the-presidency-114940203681.html
Posted By: craigd Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 03/30/15 04:21 PM
If he were only worried about 20oz. sodas, he would be the perfect pres. candidate. Virtually unbeatable. If not him, who else.
Posted By: ed good Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 03/30/15 05:50 PM
most anybody with charisma can beat walker for pres, as he has little...

but as a vp candidate, he would he a harmless ticket balancer...
Posted By: Doublefan Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 03/30/15 10:21 PM
As I have stated before, Walker is NO friend of the sportsman. I live in Northern Wisconsin, avid grouse hunter. He would sell us out at the first chance, to his benefit! Look at his budget, Kills the Stewardship program, guts the science part of the DNR. He also wants the DNR board to be advisory. Check out his relationship with Menards. Sorry, no friend of the sportsman
Posted By: craigd Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 03/31/15 01:05 AM
Originally Posted By: Doublefan
As I have stated before, Walker is NO friend of the sportsman....

I'll just ask, Walker vs. Hillary, does your vote go to hill because she's a friend to sportsmen, or do you stay home?

A pet peeve of mine is junk science based political decisions. Take for instance grouse, I don't think your DNR has done a whole lot for grouse numbers and Wisconsin hunters.

Weed him out in the primaries if this one issue is so important to you, but I would be surprised if you voted for the current pres, or stayed home. I can't see how that helped the sportsman one tiny bit.
Posted By: Doublefan Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 03/31/15 10:28 PM
So why do we always have to pick the lesser of two evils? Clinton is not electable, Jeb is our best bet. Walker is a no win, To many problems and not worth the bother. 325 million in this country and these are our choices? Walker has hired a DEER CZAR, what a idiot!!!!! He may know Texas deer but has NO idea about the Northwoods. When they start to listen to the Conservation Congress, a sportsmans forum maybe things will change. Tommy Thompson was the best thing that ever happened to this state. We need STATESMAN for our leaders, not this group of POLITICIANS!!!!
Posted By: ed good Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 03/31/15 11:00 PM
the last statesman that comes to mind is churchill...an of course, he was also a politican.
Posted By: Doublefan Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/02/15 10:33 PM
The weeding out process chases the good away. They either have to go so far right or left to win the primary they loose the middle ground. Tommy Thompson lost because he had to go to far right to win the primary. 2012, the Republicans formed a circular firing squad and went at each other. Agree to disagree, find common ground. I guess I'm to old school. I fear if we can't make things work, well, we will go the folly of Rome!
Posted By: craigd Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/03/15 12:17 AM
....Tommy Thompson lost because he had to go to far right to win the primary. 2012, the Republicans formed a circular firing squad and went at each other....

I agree with a good amount of what you have to say Df. Take a look though, Thompson lost. Walker won, and also won the recall, not an easy thing to do. You say party in fighting did in Thompson, Walker beat an entire dnc to validate his overall policy.

By all ways of accounting, Walker had financially turned WI around by the time the recall came up. Every time a Republican tightens the belt, it's very easy for a lib dem to promise tons of entitlements to their base. I don't think you give him the credit he deserves for what he was able to do in the voting booth. He may not be the man, maybe not by a long shot, but he has a way better track record and resume than the others.

Not good enough though, I think he needs acting lessons. I hope by old school, you don't mean that you'll stay home in protest or vote third party. I wouldn't fear that we can't make things work, I'd wonder if someone who's antiWalker, just wouldn't even try to make things work.
Posted By: Doublefan Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/06/15 09:11 PM
Hi All, I live and work in Northern Wisconsin. I consider myself a Moderate. Walker has lowered my property tax by a whole $5.00. I'll try not to spend it in one spot!!!! Yet he is gutting support to our local rural schools. Cutting the DNR, the UW budget, elder care. PROMISED 250.000 jobs, half that!! But WAIT, he won the elections! I could run against the people the Dems put up!! Please think back, how do you think Obama got elected!!! It is easy to run against nobodys. I'm here to say Walker is bad news. Jeb is our best hope. I never hope for a complete Republican our Democratic government. AGAIN agree to disagree. Work to a better future, GOD DAMMIT comprimes!!! As far as I know of it is not a SIN!!!!!!
Posted By: Doublefan Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/06/15 09:16 PM
Let this be known, I have the HIGHEST REGARD for Senator McCain. As a Veteran myself I think he is the best. Palin is a idiot, a big cause to his loss. So was G.W.Bush. I think jeb and his Father have more in comman.
Posted By: craigd Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/06/15 10:22 PM
Doublefan, I believe you, but I do notice you won't answer. Let me try again. In the next election cycle, let's pretend Walker becomes the nominee.

Who would you recommend voting for. 1) hill/warren 2) Walker/Palin or, 3) stay home.

Remember, you already convinced me to vote for Jeb in the primaries, but we're just pretending here that Walker is the Republican nominee. I compromised in the primaries and it didn't work out, what would you recommend doing in this sample general election?
Posted By: keith Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/07/15 07:06 AM
You really want Walker to cut your property taxes more than $5.00 Doublefan? I suppose he could have instead of paying down the debt which was piled up by his predecessors. Are you forgetting that your precious Tommy Thompson vetoed a property tax cut which was passed by Republicans in the state legislature? Why are you so down on Walker? Your Tommy Thompson increased state spending by 118% during his tenure. Tax revenue growth was twice as high as personal income growth under Thompson. Most of his Jobs growth came from increasing State jobs by 25%. Thompson laid the foundation for multi-billion dollar structural deficits in Wisconsin. Oh, it was the DNR in my state that pushed for a DEER CZAR. They and our Game Commission screwed up deer hunting so bad that the DEER CZAR left our state in the middle of the night after resigning abruptly. He probably had more death threats than anyone in our state's history, and wore a bulletproof vest to meetings with Sportsmans groups. His name is Dr. Gary Alt, and he has been consulted by your new DEER CZAR. I feel sorry for you if Gary Alt's ideas are implemented in your state.

And John McCain, the Senator who went along with much of Obama's gun control initiatives... he did more to get Obama elected to his first term than the DNC. Is that what you mean by compromise? It's too bad Sarah Palin was brutalized by those misogynists in the Liberal Press. Obama never would have made it through one state primary if they handled him the same way. I'm kind of hoping Ohio governor John Kasich decides to run for President.
Posted By: James M Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/07/15 02:01 PM
I guess I have to remind everyone that McCain was censured by the State Republican Committee for his actions in the Senate a step unprecedented by a state committee to the best of my knowledge anywhere else.
McCain is a RINO and out of step with Republicans here. He is on the other side of most issues Republicans suport like stopping Illegal Immigration and minimizing gun control. If he foolishly decides to run again in 2016 I expect he'll have some real competition in the primary.
If Doublefan thinks Palin is an "idiot" he should have a far lower opinion of the true idiot occupying the White House.
Jim
Posted By: Ken61 Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/07/15 02:52 PM
Let this be known, I have the HIGHEST REGARD for Senator McCain. As a Veteran myself I think he is the best. Palin is a idiot, a big cause to his loss. So was G.W.Bush. I think jeb and his Father have more in comman.

I'm a combat veteran myself, and I think he is a typical anti-constitutional, RINO, statist idiot. Charlie Rangel is a vet, and you can't find a more corrupt sociopath. Jeb is another RINO, wanting the power to manage the decline rather than to restore constitutional government. Palin, although severely demonized by the statists in the eyes of the uninformed, at least understands the difference between Freedom and Slavery. She is not a sociopathic statist, promising to buy the votes of dupes with other people's freedom.
Posted By: canvasback Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/07/15 04:50 PM
Originally Posted By: James M

If he foolishly decides to run again in 2016 I expect he'll have some real competition in the primary.

Jim

Just read this morning, McCain is running again.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/07/15 10:18 PM
I think they are referring to him running for another term in the Senate.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/08/15 01:01 AM
It will be important election. I would think where we were in 1990 vs. China, India,....and where we are today. I would not support any candidate that would consider armed conflict with Iran. It would be disastrous for our country and for what? "Iran is trying to obtain nuclear weapon" smoke screen?
Posted By: craigd Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/08/15 01:45 AM
Originally Posted By: Jagermeister
It will be important election. I would think where we were in 1990 vs. China....

....It would be disastrous for our country and for what? "Iran is trying to obtain nuclear weapon" smoke screen?

Good point, our 'friends' the chinese are getting tired of us begging for loans, so this is all so we can make new friends. Good thing the iranians don't really know us yet, so we should be able to get away with it for a while. Maybe we could hope-n-change for a better job market by then?
Posted By: keith Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/08/15 06:49 AM
I would not support any candidate that would consider armed conflict with Iran. It would be disastrous for our country and for what? "Iran is trying to obtain nuclear weapon" smoke screen?

Oh really? Only a complete idiot would call 16,000 uranium enrichment centrifuges and nuclear facilities hidden deep underground a "smoke screen". Are renewed calls for the destruction of Israel and "Death to America" a smoke screen as well?

What could we expect from someone stupid enough to vote for Obama twice?
Posted By: Buck Hunter Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/12/15 11:49 PM
I to live in Northern Wi. Bayfield county. I think The DNR needs to be trimmed. It's about time. Your not going to have any grouse until you get rid of some of the varmints. Walker would make a great Pres.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/13/15 12:42 AM
Originally Posted By: craigd
It will be important election. I would think where we were in 1990 vs. China....

....It would be disastrous for our country and for what? "Iran is trying to obtain nuclear weapon" smoke screen?

Good point, our 'friends' the chinese are getting tired of us begging for loans, so this is all so we can make new friends. Good thing the iranians don't really know us yet, so we should be able to get away with it for a while. Maybe we could hope-n-change for a better job market by then?

They've long since stopped buying our debt. That is a mythological smokescreen. Our own FED is buying it, thereby "Monetizing" it, in the grand tradition of the Weimar Republic. That's why it's entirely possible that the US Dollar at some time in the near future will be removed as the world reserve currency. Thank you Democrats.
Posted By: craigd Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/13/15 01:16 AM
I'm not sure of the current borrowing distribution, but my understanding is the chinese are still the single largest foreign 'investor'.

I think the real smoke screen is libs like jm explaining to us who are friends are in the world, who should be our friends, which crisis gets fanned, which one gets ignored. All along, the left's main agenda is domestic, like their funding and spending ideas, and it's a huge win for them when social engineering progresses off the radar.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/13/15 02:29 AM
(CNSNews.com) - The Federal Reserve owned 64 percent more U.S. government debt than entities in the People’s Republic of China did as of the end of November, which is the latest period for which the Treasury has reported on the foreign ownership of U.S. government debt.

The $1,316,700,000,000 in U.S. Treasury securities that entities in mainland China owned as of the end of November set a record for China, but it was still $846,966,000,000 less than the $2,163,666,000,000 in U.S. Treasury securities the Federal Reserve owned as of Nov. 27, according the Fed’s weekly balance sheets.

As of January 9, the latest day on the Fed’s last weekly accounting sheet, the Fed had increased its holdings of U.S. Treasury securities to $2,212,924,000,000.

The Fed also owns $1,490,167,000,000 in mortgage-backed securities guaranteed by Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae.

At the end of January 2009, the month President Barack Obama was first inaugurated, mainland China owned $744.2 billion in U.S. government debt and the Fed owned $475.129 billion.

When Sen. Richard Shelby (R.-Ala.), a member of the Senate Banking Committee, took to the Senate floor last week to explain why he had voted against the confirmation of Janet Yellen as the new chairman of the Federal Reserve, he made a point of the fact that the Fed—not the People’s Republic of China—is the world’s largest owner of U.S. government debt.

“In fact, the Federal Reserve’s balance sheet shows the Federal Reserve itself is by far the largest holder of U.S. Treasury bonds,” said Shelby.

“Many hold the misconception in this country that China is the world’s largest owner of U.S. debt. That is not true,” said Shelby. “In fact, the Federal Reserve’s balance sheet shows the Federal Reserve itself is by far the largest holder of U.S. Treasury bonds. With $2.2 trillion in Treasury debt, the Fed holds nearly $900 billion more than China does, if you can think in those terms. The Fed holds more in Treasury bonds than do China and most of the Eurozone combined.

“The rate of acceleration with which the Federal Reserve is purchasing Treasuries should be alarming to all Americans,” said Shelby.

Shelby described the Fed’s massive purchases of U.S. government debt as a “backdoor stimulus program”—one that may have unpredictable consequences.

“Let’s call this what it is: a backdoor stimulus program through monetary policy,” said Shelby. “Very complicated, yes, but very important. It dwarfs even the fiscal stimulus package President Obama rammed through Congress during his first days in office about 5 years ago. President Obama’s fiscal stimulus package totaled $787 billion—a lot of money—and I have just described the Fed’s monetary stimulus package as nearly four times larger and growing.”

Shelby argued that, despite currently low inflation, the Fed’s policy could lead to prices increasing “uncontrollably.”

“This highly unconventional monetary policy poses huge risks to our economy—namely, inflation in the future and a devaluation of our currency,” said Shelby.

“I realize that current inflation expectations are relatively low and anchored,” he said. “However, again we are in completely uncharted territory. Should inflation expectations become unglued, prices could increase uncontrollably. There is simply no playbook that I am aware of on how to deal with such a situation successfully.”

Shelby additionally observed that although the Fed has announced it is going to reduce the size of its ongoing debt purchases, it is nonetheless going to continue making them.

“Yes, I also understand that the Fed has recently announced it will modestly scale back its so-called quantitative easing program,” said Shelby. The Fed will still purchase tens of billions of dollars of securities each month.

“Make no mistake—the Fed’s balance sheet will continue to expand rapidly,” he said.

“How long will this continue? We don’t know,” he said. “How large will the Fed’s balance sheet ultimately grow? We don’t know. Will the Fed be able to contain inflation if it does begin to rise? Again, we don’t know. And when will the Federal Reserve actually begin to unwind the balance sheet—which will be tricky? Again, we don’t know. How exactly does the Federal Reserve plan to unwind the balance sheet? Again, we don’t know, and I don’t believe they know.”

Shelby said that even in-coming Federal Reserve Chairman Janet Yellen, who will take over for Bernanke on February 1, could not answer these questions for him.

“I raise these points because I met with Dr. Yellen in my office and attended her confirmation hearing in the Banking Committee. I received no meaningful answers to any of those questions, only the usual platitudes that so often mark such meetings.”
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/13/15 07:43 AM
The Republicans need someone with some sand in them and not someone who is going to apologize profusely a few minutes after supposedly taking a stand on their beliefs.

And, he better start realizing that the mainstream media such as ABC, CBS or NBC is NOT your friend and is never going to be no matter how bad you grovel in front of them.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/15/15 02:28 AM
You're going to have two "choices" Jeb Bush or Hillary Rodham Clinton. I suspect after four years of either the country will be in even bigger "hole" than it is now.
Posted By: keith Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/15/15 06:50 AM
You're going to have two "choices" Jeb Bush or Hillary Rodham Clinton. I suspect after four years of either the country will be in even bigger "hole" than it is now.

Words of wisdom from the idiot who voted for Obama twice... and is proud of it.
Posted By: treblig1958 Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/15/15 01:38 PM

I don't think so with Jeb Bush, possibly Hillary as the Democrats don't have anyone else. More likely a younger guy like Rubio will win the nomination. But he better play his cards right unlike McCain or Romney in the selection of a VP candidate. And like I said, don't go into a debate thinking anyone in the mainstream media is on or is going to be on your side.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/15/15 02:25 PM
Here in Iowa, we've recently been graced with the presence of "Pantsuit Obama" beginning her campaign.

It's been the same old sociopathic, statist, religious, claptrap and mumbo-jumbo that hasn't worked in the last 100 years. Typical class-warfare and the promises of extortion of the Evil Rich, and awarding the extorted proceeds to her anointed victim-cult members in order to buy their votes.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/16/15 01:03 PM
Originally Posted By: keith

Words of wisdom from the idiot who voted for Obama twice... and is proud of it.

Fhank you o ist shill.
Posted By: ed good Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/16/15 01:59 PM
no bodies perfect...hell, i voted for jimmy carter...

you know: "zero based budgeting... im jest a simple peanut farmer from georgia, who also graduated from annapolis and was a nuke sub officer...an ah wont lie to ya".

sounded pretty good at the time.
Posted By: Geo. Newbern Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/16/15 02:52 PM
Ed, I voted for ole peanut myself. After all he was a GA boy and had been a pretty good governor. Boy his economy was a mess though!...Geo
Posted By: craigd Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/16/15 03:12 PM
Hmmm, extrapolated to today, there's only one choice and she can do it all.
Posted By: Ken61 Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/16/15 03:23 PM
Yeah,

Ol'Jimmy followed in the Democrat tradition of enacting the largest tax increase in history up to that time. A tradition followed by Slick Willie, and Obama, if you count Obamacare and all his regulations. Intentional, sociopathic, bleeding of the private sector of Capital, and the massive increase of Government Debt.

What's it gotten us? Other than sociopathic vote-buying of power for the Democrats?
Posted By: keith Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/16/15 04:54 PM
Originally Posted By: ed good
no bodies perfect...hell, i voted for jimmy carter...

you know: "zero based budgeting... im jest a simple peanut farmer from georgia, who also graduated from annapolis and was a nuke sub officer...an ah wont lie to ya".

sounded pretty good at the time.

Yeah, and "Hope and Change" and "Most transparent administration in history" and all of the other lies and bullshit sounded pretty good to you and Jagermeister too. Too bad you dumbasses who voted for him didn't have the brains to take a look at his history and voting record. Too bad you idiots allow yourself to get duped by a propaganda machine that calls itself the Press. Just look at the difference in how the so-called Press is handling Hillary vs. the Republican contenders.

I don't know how many times you voted for Obama ed, but your fellow idiot Jagermeister voted for Obama twice, and he is proud of it. He's so proud that he gets pissed when I mention it. Jagermeister is the only person so stupid, that he would vote for a Barack Obama/Jimmy Carter ticket.
Posted By: Jagermeister Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/16/15 05:53 PM
It's kinda cute how she got official emails to her private account. Quite a workaholic eh?
Posted By: ed good Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/16/15 08:51 PM
fact of the matter is, mccain and romney ran lousy campaigns, allowing ob to win hit twict...hope the reps have learnt how to do hit better, else cumo gonna be our next pres...

scary aint hit!
Posted By: keith Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/16/15 10:18 PM
Cuomo isn't even running idiot. Do you think he is going to win with only your one write-in ballot ed? He might get two votes if he votes for himself.

ed good, why would you pretend that you want the Republicans to do better when you so frequently propose restrictions on the 2nd Amendment that none of the Republican candidates support? You are just an anti-gun troll who is here to support Leftist Democrats, and everyone can see it ed.

What do you think of this comment from your mentally retarded two-time Obama voter buddy?

It's kinda cute how she got official emails to her private account. Quite a workaholic eh?

I agree that McCain handed the election to Obama. Romney ran a pretty good campaign until he made the mistake of getting caught on tape with his 47% comment that the Leftist Press and the DNC blew all out of proportion. He also took his foot off of the neck of the snake after he had Obama on the ropes during the debates. And how can you put a price on the total lack of vetting by the Press on Obama's lack of experience and total incompetence in both elections? The people who are crying about campaign finance reform are totally silent about the blatantly unequal coverage of Republicans and Democrats by the press. Why the RNC hasn't gone to court over this is a mystery to me. Hillary is already projected to spend about $2 1/2 Billion on this campaign which will amount to over $35 per vote. You won't see Harry Reid complaining about that.
Posted By: ed good Re: WALKER FOR VEEP? - 04/17/15 02:22 AM
not worthy of response.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com