doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: bavarianbrit Interesting rifle for sale - 12/22/18 10:59 AM
I thought this might be of interest someone. Calibre 4mm long.
http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=7238947
Posted By: BrentD, Prof Re: Interesting rifle for sale - 12/22/18 02:39 PM
Zimmer scheutzen (sp?) parlor rifle.
Posted By: HomelessjOe Re: Interesting rifle for sale - 12/22/18 07:52 PM
You make the donation to Dave yet ?
Posted By: xausa Re: Interesting rifle for sale - 12/23/18 02:56 AM
That would be Zimmerstutzen.
Posted By: canvasback Re: Interesting rifle for sale - 02/24/19 07:10 PM
Originally Posted By: bavarianbrit
Homeless, You still on my case?

Maybe, but lately he's specifically been hounding BrentD
Posted By: Gunter Re: Interesting rifle for sale - 02/24/19 10:01 PM
I've been chewing on this for quite some time - and perhaps I am giving my response to the wrong thread.

I got upset last week by some answers here on another thread by one specific contributor - starts with nca and ends in 225
I think... (or something similar - getting old and can't remember unless I see the mssg when answering...)
Thought of answering then - but stopped myself....
But now it's enough - we don't really need this!

I have felt uncomfortable for some time with some of the contributions here, especially by 2 or 3 of the usual names - what looks like 'anti gunners' to me - or idiots who just like to stir things up.

Not being American' (but think I should be! - having worked for American airlines for a LONG time - incl. MAC flights to Vietnam in the day (Frankfurt) - and later having lived & worked in the States for a good 10 years), I have been hesitating to express my opinion on quite a number of occasions here.

Having become more anglicized in England, I apologize (hehe) for complaining - but enough is enough!

this is meant to be a 'shooting forum'? (meaning a forum for people who shoot and are interested in anything 'gun'?)

I have enjoyed my time here and thank some of the members for very useful advice. (you know who you are!)

I am a shooting man, have been for 58 of my 73 years and have competed in international shooting events around the globe, apart from doing a bit of hunting in Africa and Europe, lately only birds in the UK.

I also eat meat (some of which I have shot myself), smoke a lot of cigarettes and drink alcohol.

What I'm trying to say is that I won't be around here much anymore - if I find out how to cancel my membership here, I shall do that.

Thanks to all who gave advice and helped n other ways

Gunter
NRA Life 1974
Posted By: Dave in Maine Re: Interesting rifle for sale - 02/25/19 10:24 AM
Gunter - don't bail. Your knowledge and experience is valued.
If you were to Vietnam, you'll remember how they stirred the shit while burning it. It stank, and offended everyone. And the guys assigned to that detail couldn't wash off the smell.
There are commenters on this site who do that, either out of bilious disposition or just because they get some pleasure from it. Use the "ignore" feature or, failing that, just ignore them.
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com