doublegunshop.com - home
Posted By: ellenbr Ludwig Borovnik 20(76mm) Bore Dreiling - 12/06/20 03:42 PM

Configured with a Swedish Switcher

I am fortunate to be the new custodian of a Ludwig Borovnik 20 bore(3") drilling with an additional tubeset. It has 2 safeties. One on the top tang for the scattergun and a Greener for the lower rifle(7X65R(Brennke)-61.5cm & 9,3X62(Otto Bock)-65cm). But the top tang safety has to be disengaged in order to fire the rifle. It has 2 old ear repairs with the left side now missing a top sliver of an ear. I have pressed it into service & I will admit that although I have never been a fan of a 20 bore, I am impressed.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Posted By: ellenbr Re: Ludwig Borovnik 20(76mm) Bore Dreiling - 12/06/20 03:51 PM
Too, the Borovnik's have a hotel on an island in / on Tisno, Croatia, in a nice area in Dalmacija between Zadar & Sibenik.

https://hotel-borovnik.com/

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: m-4 Re: Ludwig Borovnik 20(3") Bore Dreiling - 12/06/20 06:30 PM
Congratulations, both bbl sets from Borovnik?

Cheers
m-4
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Ludwig Borovnik 20(76mm) Bore Dreiling - 12/06/20 06:47 PM
Hart, if you view the touchmarks, that's what they would like you to think. But the name atop is >>Josef Just<<? What would be better than a 20 Bore Borovnik drilling with rifle 7X65R(Brenneke Brainchild) & another with 9,3X62(Otto Bock Brainchild) by Just? On the Just tubeset, the Borovnik stamps are a bit suspect, but either way the longarm is a gem.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Ludwig Borovnik 20(76mm) Bore Dreiling - 12/07/20 03:07 PM

I just realized that I am the custodian of 2 Borovniks from 1971:

A Dreiling & A Bockbüchsflinte - 12-70mm X 30-06

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
A great vintage, Raimey!

Cheers,
Jani
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Ludwig Borovnik 20(76mm) Bore Dreiling - 12/10/20 01:10 PM
Thanks Jani & much or most of the credit in the success of the acquisition can be attributed to you as you put me on the Bockbüchsflinte and when I informed you of the 20 bore drilling, you said buy it now, buy it now......

That 7X65R is some more of a >>Barn Burner<< and most accurate. And in this >>Ammo Craze World<< I was able to acquire a 400 round case of S&B ammo, so I am set on that end. But 20 bore slugs are as rare as hen's teeth right now. You know I stopped by the ammo department in a local Walmart and there was NOT one metallic cartridge to be found?

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Ludwig Borovnik 20(76mm) Bore Dreiling - 12/10/20 01:43 PM
Raimey,
I wouldn't worry about the lack of 20ga. slugs. Put an einstecklauf ( insert barrel) in the righthand shot barrel( where the set trigger can be used)( suggest 22 mag) and use small shot in the lefthand shot barrel. You will be ready for anything.
Mike
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Ludwig Borovnik 20(76mm) Bore Dreiling - 12/10/20 01:50 PM
Thanks Ford. How competent might you be on accessing said >>set trigger<<? I think I need a professional opinion on its function.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Posted By: Der Ami Re: Ludwig Borovnik 20(76mm) Bore Dreiling - 12/10/20 05:14 PM
Raimey,
What is the problem with it?
Mike
Posted By: ellenbr Re: Ludwig Borovnik 20(76mm) Bore Dreiling - 12/10/20 07:42 PM
The >>Single Set Trigger<< will not set & it experiences doubling from time to time, when the left barrel is fired. Doesn't occur when the rifle is fired, but then again the >>Swedish Switcher<< deactivates the right scattergun.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse
Hard to feel sorry for YOU! Congratulations!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com