doublegunshop.com - home
Good day, as the thread subject indicates, I am looking for a '98 Mauser floor plate for a sporting rifle build. I would prefer the Oberndorf lever but would look seriously at a 'trigger bow release' version. I have seen Sunny Hill's offerings and don't wish to spend that much. There are also a couple on GunBroker with double set triggers but, for this build, I don't think I want to go that way (love DST's though).

Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hoot
I have an '09 argentine hinged FP, trigger bow release. If you do not find what you want let me know. I also have an in the bow release lever that needs fit and drilled as well.
I have an '09 argentine hinged FP, trigger bow release. If you do not find what you want let me know. I also have an in the bow release lever that needs fit and drilled as well. There is a guy on ebay that advertises conversions as well, quality of the work unknown to me.
Have you thought about trying to find one of those Meier levers?
Originally Posted by PhysDoc
Have you thought about trying to find one of those Meier levers?

I am not familiar with that name. A quick google didn't turn up much but I'll do a better search later on. Thanks.

prairie ghost, I will keep your offer in mind. Thank you.
If you google "meier floor plate release lever", you will get a slew of information. When I was a kid, I read Jim Carmichael's book "Do-it yourself gunsmithing",
he has a chapter on making a hinged floorplate with a lever release. He makes it sound so easy. I've actually made a few hinged floorplates with lever releases,
Here are some good threads on other forums if you are interested.

one way of doing it

another way of doing it, if you have a machine shop at your disposal

Larry Potterfield of MidwayUSA, has a good video, on making a hinged floorplate with a latch release, he sure does make it look easy.

Potterfield video

and here is a thread about my attempts

Whitey-Fred rifle

Best wishes

Fred
Oh, I just found these if you are interested

new oberndorf style levers
Excellent! Thank you very much!
© The DoubleGun BBS @ doublegunshop.com