March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Owenjj3, NCTarheel, gunmaker, 3 invisible), 381 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,006
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

HD for those that did save the info many computer crashes have lost it anyway.At one time there was a movement to have Dave publish the forum each year but it never realy worked out.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That's funny...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wandered in here a long time ago. Started out looking for internet doublegun advertisers, back when dealers were first getting into that game. Eventually found this place. A wealth of great information and great people. Some, like Russ, Bill Wise, and Larry Barnes, sadly no longer with us.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've received a few Emails asking if I had been insulted, lost interest, or prefered the company somewhere else.

None of the above. I have a two year old son, work has been tremendously busy, and my main and favorite hunting partner, my Father, is dying of lung cancer. Plus, it's bird season, you guys-give the blue screen a rest!

I'm in contact with some of the regulars at the email address, which is tedjs@usfamily.net Try me there.

I do my best to answer Darne questions (stupid looks, as always, are still FREE!) but I ask for a bit of patience. Mr. Gournet can always help, also.

Do me a favor, and get out there with a fine gun ( that includes old pumps!) and chase a bird or two behind a dog. We can talk more after the season is over.

Good Hunting!
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gosh! I just finished reading final post in this thread and am now relaxing a bit with the memories this thread has conjured up. I first found this board after I started buy the DGJ off the shelf each month at Barnes and Noble. When was that? About '94 or '95?? Other than the Stevens 311 my dad bought me on my 13th birthday many years ago, I had no double guns until I logged into this board (well, the DGJ helped a lot with the stimulus to buy a new one). The first one I bought was an Uggie model 30 from Dale Dalrymple, and it was on that transaction that I really came to appreciate doubles and, with Dale, the fine peope who associate themselves with this type of firearm. Oscar's writings caused my first Damascus purchase - a Remington side hammer that I still shoot with low pressure 2.5 inchers. Then came the over and unders, then the double rifle, then the large bore single-shot, then a really nice Merkel with fancy wood. Great memories, but best of all are the associations formed with some on this board, mostly only via cyber-space. I remember meeting you Pete, and Wonko (Charles) and many others for a get together and picture at the Benfield show in Vegas. Ah yes, thanks for the memories!!!!

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
I've received a few Emails asking if I had been insulted, lost interest, or prefered the company somewhere else.

None of the above. I have a two year old son, work has been tremendously busy, and my main and favorite hunting partner, my Father, is dying of lung cancer. Plus, it's bird season, you guys-give the blue screen a rest!

I'm in contact with some of the regulars at the email address, which is tedjs@usfamily.net Try me there.

I do my best to answer Darne questions (stupid looks, as always, are still FREE!) but I ask for a bit of patience. Mr. Gournet can always help, also.

Do me a favor, and get out there with a fine gun ( that includes old pumps!) and chase a bird or two behind a dog. We can talk more after the season is over.

Good Hunting!
Best,
Ted

Ted,

I had wondered if something was amiss. I am sorry to hear about your dad. I will say a pray for him and the entire family. Things change so much when dad leaves. It has been better than 25 years now, but I still miss mine.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pete,
Thanks. Dad did twenty two years active duty in the USMC, ten years reserve, could run the 100 yard dash faster then me through high schol ( I set the state record in 1978, which, didn't last long, but, you get the point) could always box better than me, and instructed snipers with 7th (?) rifle corps. His skills with a rifle actually hurt his shotgunning, I believe, and he never caught on with a two-holer like I did. He also smoked like a steam engine for 50 of his 80 years. This wasn't unexpected. We knew something was up when he stopped going to the gym for his usual, every day, three hour workout (a jarhead to the bitter end!) and he had recently lost 20 of his 137 or so tough-as-shoe leather pounds of weight.

My only regret is that he will be a faint, vanishing memory to his only gandson. Since that is my only regret, I'm guessing I'm doing OK.

A great Thanksgiving to all. The grouse are a complete nuisance in Pine county this year, lots of them, flying from tree to tree. I used my 1957 vintage model 37 16 gauge to take the last one, off of a truly idiotic looking, tail drooping point from my knuckleheaded 10 year old English Setter.

My blessings, leave me in in awe, on a daily basis.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

About your grandson, Ted: you don't seem the kind of guy to leave anything significant as a vanishing memory. My grandchildren know who their great-grandfather was, maybe in a more poignant and glowing sense than if they had known him. This is certainly the way of families of storytellers.

Last edited by King Brown; 11/22/08 09:52 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Perry M. Kissam
I remember meeting you Pete, and Wonko (Charles) and many others for a get together and picture at the Benfield show in Vegas. Ah yes, thanks for the memories!!!!

I need to dig through a couple of hard drives. I have a picture or two from that day. Oddly I don't remember you being there.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

One thing I have noticed is none of the old folks play forum moderator and tell folks what is allowed.In the old days we covered about everything with no complains.Now days the newer folks jump on everything and for sure the sale section where I have seen some nice Winchester 22's as well a a S&W or two sell among other items.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.