May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (PM, jake van dyke, Shotgunlover, KDGJ), 1,269 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,509
Posts545,653
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Frankly, I'm shocked that so many here see a disconnect between Double Guns and politics as it relates to the Second Amendment. Who here really believes that we would even have these guns to discuss if it were not for this Constitutional freedom and the good fortune to mostly elect politicians who respect it, whether out of true conviction or political expediency for job security? With so many examples around the world of gun ownership rights being lost to Liberal and Progressive forces, I get rightly suspicious of those who poo-poo the same efforts here and say it can't or won't happen. I truly believe that many of those here, who mostly only seem to post or comment to voice disdain for support of the Second Amendment on a Doublegun forum, actually may have an anti gun agenda. Really Dave, look at most of the posts from many of these individuals from the time they joined. The only time they come out of the woodwork is to feign indignation that discussion of Anti-gun politicians or legislation will somehow degrade this fine and civil forum and cause Doublegun scholars to flee, never to return. BULLSHIT- BULLSHIT-BULLSHIT. Anyone that genteel and sensitive probably couldn't handle the recoil of a .22 birdshot shell in a 14 pound double. I don't believe it and anybody with half a brain ought to be skeptical. Dave, I hope you will reconsider. Most topics that are off topic or politically gun rights related are described as such in the header. Don't like it? Don't click on it. What could be simpler? Don't like me or what I say? Use the girlish ignore feature. We have the tools and the technology. There is really no need to push most of these so-called "off-topic" topics to some seldom seen back burner status. Since many of them seem to run into double digit numbers of pages of responses, the claim that they are driving folks away would be hysterical if not for its' ulterior motive. Dave, I do respect that this is your site, and I think it's great that you have run it in a very Democratic manner, polling us on many issues. I hope you will weigh carefully which topics should be relegated to the new sub-forum. Thank you, Keith

Last edited by keith; 12/15/08 10:42 PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
" I truly believe that many of those here, who mostly only seem to post or comment to voice disdain for support of the Second Amendment on a Doublegun forum, actually may have an anti gun agenda. Really Dave, look at most of the posts from many of these individuals from the time they joined. The only time they come out of the woodwork is to feign indignation that discussion of Anti-gun politicians or legislation will somehow degrade this fine and civil forum and cause Doublegun scholars to flee, never to return."

Keith:
You've nailed it exactly on the head. The antis will use any form of subtrafuge in order to derail the ownership and use of firearms. Pushing any discussion of politics as it related to gun ownership off into a nondescript corner is a well known tactic. One of the primary goals in shutting down "special interest" ads during the last election was to muzzle the NRA so Obamas real gun agenda didn't become public knowledge and the antis were totally successful in this. If the owner of this forum falls for it there's not much any of the rest of us can do other than look at it as one more nail driven into the coffin containing our 2nd amendment rights.
And BTW: Keith It's only a very small but vocal minority with a totally different agenda that object to a discussion of politics as related to gun control here.
Jim

Last edited by italiansxs; 12/17/08 07:35 PM.

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Boxlock
Boxlock

Hi!

I wonder me, if you can tell me about my Francotte musket, Carved by hand with a big head deer, it could be Root of walnut, but the arm only have the name A. Francotte Aliegi, but only that, not have year or any other mark on it, can you tell me some about this like price year etc? I think is not so expencive, so please help me

Best regards

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jim, I'm just glad that there are guys like you that realize what's going on here and elsewhere. There are some very interesting articles in the new American Rifleman detailing the concerted effort to keep gun control discussion under wraps this past election cycle and to portray Obama as pro Second Amendment. The NRA provides a link on their website to a page from the Obama website outlining their plans to infringe on gun-owners rights. That page has since been taken down, but can still be seen on the NRA site. It is sad that so many grown men think that for the first time in history, a leopard will change it's spots. Certainly, my job and my 401-K was impacted by the plunging economy and surging inflation. Still, I was not ready to sacrifice my guns for the promise that these scam artists would actually improve my economic future. Maybe I just have faith in myself, that I can always find another job if need be. But I fear that when we lose the Second Amendment, we, or our children, or our grandchildren will not enjoy those rights again. So when you or I or others try to point out here that the death by a thousand cuts is beginning...whether by restricting semi-autos or imposing lead ammo bans, the cockroaches will come out and cry to Dave that our discussion has nothing to do with doubles. They will call us trolls and say we are ruining this forum. Just remember that British gun restrictions made British doubles more affordable to us. When our guns become similarly demonized and regulated here, where will we sell ours? And what will they be worth? How much will you shoot your double when lead is banned and demand for bismuth drives the cost to $10.00 a shell? Supply and demand baby. Jim, I know I'm preaching to the choir here... I just hope Mr. Dave is listening in.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

After reading four pages of free-for-all comments here, I support Mr. Weber's OT forum as a fine idea. Haven't noticed that anyone's comments here have been restricted ... everyone gets to have their say. In the meantime, I don't have to trip across someone else's OT rant which frequently interrupts the intent of the original topic on double guns. In this case, change is good.

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it" - Capt. Woodrow Call
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.