May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (rocky mtn bill, bigblock, SKB, ClapperZapper, Roundsworth, 1 invisible), 1,022 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,504
Posts545,552
Members14,416
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#123410 11/27/08 04:06 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Our best to you and your's, y'all and all y'all!

Glenn

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A happy day to you and yours and I hope everyone has a nice T-Day.

Glenn, I got your mail last night and will respond in a day or so, I'm the cook today so have to get back to work.

MP Sadly Deceased as of 2/17/2014

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's nice to see you Americans still follow an old English Festival. Originally it was a Harvest Festival, giving thanks for the harvest gathered in, and although some American Presidents have altered the dates of this day, the first 'Thanksgiving' was by British settlers in the first colony settled by we Brits.

If any of Y'all or whatever, failed to shoot your own Turkey this year then go here, and have fun.

http://www.southbank-design.co.uk/turkeyshoot/index.htm

I got me a score of 167,000+ and it was on the high end of the 'Sherry' slider bar.

Harry

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well we've only been doing so since Abe Lincoln made it official Harry!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Vall #123442 11/27/08 09:19 PM
WJL Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

whole hog roasted over an open pit fire, smoked and fried turkey, cornbread dressing with giblet gravy, green beans, fruit compote, fresh, homemade rolls with mayhaw jelly, Pecan, apple, and chocolate pies, a variety of libations, Louisiana French roast coffee and 50 of our inlaws, outlaws, and extended family.

Nothing succeeds like excess.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Jerry Liles

Last edited by WJL; 11/27/08 09:20 PM.
WJL #123449 11/27/08 10:37 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am too stuffed and must be up early to chase birds! Best to all!

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

And a happy Thanksgiving to all on my end. Had a litle excitement this morning...check out my post on the woodchuck over on misfires.

Jerry, I miss the good LA food up here, sounds like a good time. I introduced fried turkey to a few friends here a couple years ago. Although it's hard to beat the boiled shrimp at the "Boiling Point" near New Iberia.

Art

Boxlock
Boxlock

Glenn best to all yalls to.

Harry your first colony over here was old Virginia. Lest she be forgot.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jerry, Engraving your G&H style Springfield is going to be a hoot and I know we'll get along just fine. Both of usn's being Southern boys and all. We had country ribs, collards, yams, green beans with pumkin pie . I figure we are so much alike , all will go smoothly.

Hope all had a great Thanksgiving and to Mr. glenn --- finished your "gizzer" & will mail out today.

Ken Hurst
910-221-5288
WJL Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken,

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving feast. Just our kind of food and it would have fit right in here on Bayou DeSaird. Do you do low country style ribs?

Texraid the shrimp will appear on the christmas menu along with crawfish etouffe and there will be flaming of the plum pudding in honor of grandmother Liles who was from the British West Indies.

I forgot to mention Melanie's famous Sweet Potato cassarole glazed with brown sugar and pecans, and Cathy's Spinach Madeline. None of which was left over.

I hope everyone had something to be thankful for.

Jerry Liles

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.