April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (smlekid, Kolar Dickson, canvasback, SKB, 1 invisible), 1,252 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,143
Members14,409
Most Online1,319
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Looking at BTFE designs and found this expensive example on a Field Grade 28 ga w/ejectors.

Original Ithaca design or aftermarket?

Thanks in advance!

Sidelock
Sidelock

That certainly appears to be a correct configuration beavertail for a post-1935 Ithaca. The earlier NID beavertails were short and fat but when they dropped the cocking indicators and went to the new style Field Grade they also changed the forearm fastening from just a Deeley to a Baker-Style J-Spring for the extractor guns and a combination of the Baaker-style J-Spring and a tilting block Deeley lever actuated forearm lock a-la-Parker Bros.

Here are some pics of original Ithaca beavertails from 1930 and 1936 Grade 4Es --

Sidelock
Sidelock

100% correct. Are you serious about buying?? If not I am.

Last edited by Walter C. Snyder; 12/09/08 04:07 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Walt,
I'm not going to buy that 28. I like everything about the gun but it's way out of my league...just looking at Ithaca BTFE's to copy. I have to cover 2 monkey's college before playing the small gauge/high condition/field grade/American doublegun game. I'm very glad there's 12 ga guns that are in my budget.

Researcher,
Thank you very much, your photos are a great help, and those vent rib guns are really something.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why do they have to have buggered ever screw on a gun? Is there so school to teach stupid to "gunsmiths"? Use the right tool or leave it alone.

Walt does the fore end letter? I am sure that you do agree that it is original or you would not be interested in the gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Walter C. Snyder
100% correct. Are you serious about buying?? If not I am.
Walt,

I had the chance to look at that one close up a few weeks ago. The pictures are accurate. If it has been messed with, I could not tell. You would be a much better judge. I had the impression they are hurting in the fine gun room. But the deer season was just around the corner and everyone was busy with slug guns. The gent that runs it at Hoffman used to have his own shop and is well known in the area. If he has the room, he will deal.

Pete

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.