May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (Dave Weber, Ted Schefelbein, SKB, Joe Wood, 2 invisible), 867 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,390
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

the sabot principle of shotgun ammo has been around since early 70s. i have smith & wesson ammo from this period.
most euro guns from france, italy, spain,.... were smooth bore guns regulated for plain lead slug. the english still make that thing with end of barrels being rifled which is next to useless. this is more specialized gun with fully rifled shotgun tubes and is made in usa plus there are many former military people on this board which by nature tend to be very nationalistic. in aggregate this generates excitment.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Has anyone looked closely at the RBL adjustable regulation at the muzzle? I found it distracting (ugly) and would have much preferred another system.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Re the regulation device.

If you read the first post where I put this on the forum after looking at them at the Shot Show you will see that you are not alone. That thing is UGLY...............

I'd bet a dime to a dollar that if they offered a model regulated for a single load they might be surprised at the response. Even if I did not already have a converted gun coming I would not be inclined towards what is a truly fine gun simply because of how UGLY that thing on the end is.

Still, the rest of the gun is really nice......you can not fault them for much else that is not easily remidied.

ANd this too: The job ( In reality a ART. ) of regulating each each gun to a customers chosen load would be EXPENSIVE and time consuming. So maybe they made a smart business decision.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

its good looking piece if want to see truly ugly stuff visit blaser jadgwaffen site sometime.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, what's the price of the Bruchet these days? I think the attraction of the CSMC may be affordability.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

At the time, the gun came in about 1K more than CSMC is getting, now. But, it's a brave new world, these days.
Europeans seem far more interested in combination guns of any stripe than Americans, but, a combination slug gun-bird gun is interesting, all the same.
If I had to fire slugs at something, I'd look into one of the Tar-Hunt 870s. I have a "Whelen" streak in me, and only find very accurate single projectile guns interesting.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

not sure i would even consider dedicated slug gun. i can extend hunting range by at least 50m by using modern muzzleloader. just looked over goofy w-german jps 12x12/7.62x63 which could add even more meters to max range, but it could not be used in shotgun only zone and there goes it's usefulness. not having scope mount is would be good mixed bag piece in rifle zone. the marking made is western germany was kinda nostalgic. too bad it was expensive and pathetically ugly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I get sub 1.5" groups out of my Browning BPS with a rifled Hastings barrel. Just so damn heavy to carry.

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Recently, I was asked to help appraise an estate. One gun that I had never heard of and could'nt evaluate was a Parker reproduction DHE 20 gauge with a set of 400/450 barrels. It had been to Africa and was used to kill a buffalo according to the wife of the deceased. It was so barrel heavy that I think he must of had a gun bearer. Do you have any idea who might have added the rifle barrels? Don Hardin.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Recently, I was asked to help appraise an estate. One gun that I had never heard of and could'nt evaluate was a Parker reproduction DHE 20 gauge with a set of 400/450 barrels. It had been to Africa and was used to kill a buffalo according to the wife of the deceased. It was so barrel heavy that I think he must of had a gun bearer. Do you have any idea who might have added the rifle barrels? Don Hardin.

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.