May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
11 members (Chantry, CJ Dawe, 67galaxie, Chad Linder, 2 invisible), 262 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,505
Posts545,553
Members14,417
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KY Jon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well it looks like I have just about run out of time on putting off a complete shoulder reconstruction. Pain is one thing but the decreasing range of motion is getting worse. Three doctors agree it has to be done and all three want to do the major procedure instead of a small incision procedure. All three said it was one of the worst they have seen, lucky me. Most optimistic Doc said six months off and the worst was a full year before I could shoot again, "if at all". I know that others have been there and done that, I was just trying not to join them.

Might have to go back to shooting left handed again. Did that for a year, long ago, when my shoulder went south before. Oh well, I was getting low on Bismuth anyway. Maybe by the time I get back it will be cheap and plentiful again.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All my best with the operation! I hope it goes well for you.

Sidelock
Sidelock

They do some surprising things these days. I'll bet you come back better than you think. Regards, King

Last edited by King Brown; 04/23/09 10:08 PM.
RMC Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Jon, Not good news on the shoulder. Mine was messy too. I'm at the one year mark and only a month or so ago did I feel comfortable shooting and could sleep the night without waking with pain. I didn't think the rehab was really making it better, I think it was just time. Everyone is different, but I'm more positive than I was even this winter. Keep the spirits up, get a good cutter for the job and my prayers will be with you. BTW, the attached photo was a "lefty shot with the 10 bore" 3 weeks after the surgery. Laid the barrel on the limb of a spruce tree and touched it off. It took me till June before I could lift my hand high enough to shave and get rid of the beard. On Wed morning of this week I took a gobbler with another 10 bore and did it right handed this time. Good luck and keep us posted. Randy

RMC
Sidelock
Sidelock

My very best wishes with the replacement or repair. Whatever you do, be sure to follow all the therapy instructions.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Have had done over the years and each came back 85-90%. Probably not as serious as yours, but folow the PTs instructions to the letter. Best of luck with your surgery.

Boxlock
Boxlock

KY Jon,

My best advice is to stay positive. I had a complete torn rotator cuff and a detached bicep. I'm right handed and it was my right shoulder. My surgeon said that he wasn't sure he could fix it. He is the head of shoulder surgery at the University of Rochester... here in NY...so he knows his stuff. My surgery lasted 5 hours and other than a flat bicep, and only about half of the muscle strength... I'm fine.... and you will be too. My wife, who is a recovery room nurse had me practicing using my left hand for everything for almost a month... good suggestion! It may sound funny... but even using the restroom was a challenge left handed. My surgery was 16 months ago... and I'm shooting my bow... shot sporting clays this past Wednesday... but I'm still recovering. You must be patient after surgery. It was very frustrating going through physical therapy the first few months... but be patient and take small steps. Good luck, and I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep us informed.

Ron

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good Luck KY...hope you heal up good n fast
cheers
franc

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.