April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ted Schefelbein, Hal M Hare, FlyChamps, Skeeterbd, 1 invisible), 983 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,467
Posts545,115
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A very nice range of classic British and American Rifles. Some look too good to be true finish wise. See :- http://www.pugsguns.com/findCategory.action?id=2

Don't look at the prices, click on any rifle pictured and another dozen or more pics of it will appear. Have tissues handy for either tears or drool

Harry

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Harry, Pugs is well known to be a high-priced dealer. If you ever get over here, a trip to Duluth is well worth it. Lots of other things to see than just Pugs, but his shop is on an old bank on the back side of town. An interesting, and improbable place.

Brent
PS. A really cool new contestant for the ugliest gun of all time.. http://www.pugsguns.com/findItem.action?id=1702

Last edited by BrentD; 05/14/09 10:19 AM.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

About 6 years ago, a local dealer & friend had a Triplett & Scott carbine stamped "KENTUCKY". Remember, they were Civil War carbines made in 1865, just when breech loaders & metallic cartridges became really practical. It's personal, but I did not find the T&S to be ugly. Odd, yes, but not really ugly. It handled well, came to the shoulder pretty naturally, and once you got the hang of flipping the action sideways, I think you could have fired it about as rapidly as a trapdoor. We did not shoot it, .50 Spencer rimfires being somewhat costly. I think the T&S later sold for $650, or maybe less. How much would you pay for something that has little historical value, that you can't shoot without going to extremes, and that is basically a wall hanger?

My nomination for the ugliest commonly encountered gun is the Swiss Vetterli.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
Harry, Pugs is well known to be a high-priced dealer. If you ever get over here, a trip to Duluth is well worth it. Lots of other things to see than just Pugs, but his shop is on an old bank on the back side of town. An interesting, and improbable place.

Brent
PS. A really cool new contestant for the ugliest gun of all time.. http://www.pugsguns.com/findItem.action?id=1702

Hello Brent,
Despite 10 years on the WWW I've never heard of 'Pugs' before today. I only came across his site doing my monthly search for Sharps Borchardts for sale on various sites.

Harry

Biology is the only science where multiplication can be achieved by division.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Serious collectors of Parker shotguns have an interest in the Triplett and Scott rifle since it is one of the first firearm products of the Parker enterprise.

Sidelock
Sidelock

when i hit it big i will take the 10gauge elephant gun aka "ole' english smoke pipe".

Sidelock
Sidelock

No Ross rifles

I have been to Puglisi's before. Interesting place.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice site. Thanks for pointing it out.
While on this subject, where else do you go to look at photos of nice rifles on the web? I cruise Hallowells, Champlins and the gun rooms at Cabelas, Griffin&Howe, H&H and Westley Richards.

What other good sites are out there?

cheers,
- stu

Sidelock
Sidelock

The best one by far is Dave Weber's "Classic and Custom Single Barrel Sporting Rifles" site.

Sidelock
Sidelock

here you go stu. take a peek at that knockabout ww greener in .318westley richards kaliber...
looks like a solid ango piece built on military mauser action. just the thing for 'neo' african setler.
i know next to nothing about english finished german-style mausers (front sight reminds me of some american military rifle) but that one looks quite affordable to me. ammo might be available from wolfgang romney as he loads current westley richards stuff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.