March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,244 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#149023 05/25/09 10:58 AM
EDM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gentlemen: I have compiled a 12-page For Sale List of my 30-year accumulation of research materials, ephemera, pulp weeklies of the 1800s, collectible original and reprint catalogs (of various makers and retail sellers from 1871 to WWII), out-of-print books in re: various makers, biographical material of knights of the trigger, and shotgun-related memorabilia including rare brass and paper shells, and vintage period-correct nick-nacks that I used in my gun photography.

It is time for other "gun cranks" to own my esoteric treasures. Some of this is Parker specific but most is general to all makers of the 19th century and pre-WWII.

E-mail me for a list knightofthetrigger@yahoo.com

I will have most of the collectibles and research materials with me in my motor home at Hidden Hollow PA where I have a shared table. Time is somewhat of the essence--next 10 days--because after the June 5-6-7 shoot we head to Alaska by way of Florida, and will be on the move till the Easton MD, Vintage Cup where I have a table in the PGCA tent. One of the joys of collecting all this stuff has been the showing and telling about it in my 50+ articles and 4 books. It's time for others to pick up where I leave off... Goin' fishin' EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, Well, now we have genuine 'for sale' post here in the discussion forum. jOe, Fox and Lowell, here's your chance to post ad nausium about someone's hope to sell something on this site, and nobody can utter one word of criticism...Go for it!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

It appears in the right place to me.

EDM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
It appears in the right place to me.

HOJ: I owe you one. This stuff is so esoteric that nobody would be trolling the "Guns for Sale" looking for Fred Kimble's bio. info, for example. But there is a glitch:

About half of the 20-or-so responders so far have had trouble opening my 12-page Word file, so I have printed hard copies I can send, which is the path of least resistance rather than trying to dope out program inconsistencies.

Anyone who can't open my Word file please send me your snail mail address and I'll send a hard copy.

Books and catalogs are going slow; research materials going fast. June 3rd I'm closing up shop here in IL and heading to Hidden Hollow PA, and next the Yooper at Iron Mountain MI the end of June and on to Alaska till the Vintage Cup. Responses by June 2nd would be appreciated. Thanks. EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed,

Check your email. I converted the file for you. Microsoft has stopped supporting MSWorks.

Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

I got it to open by saving it to my documents folder then opening it from there.

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
EDM Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: MarketHunter
I got it to open by saving it to my documents folder then opening it from there.

Destry

This whole computer thing makes me not happy. I understand engines and shotguns...not computer programming that presumes one knows all the jargon. I think I have a version compatible with Word 1997-2003. Investigation continues.

35 hard copies sent out so far.

Destry: We never had a problem exchanging Word files for articles back and forth with my old kerosene-burning computer.

The path of least resistance, in the short run, is to print and mail hard copies of my 12-page list, which, thanks to sales, is down to 10 pages. Even though I have mostly Parker stuff, and I'm blocked from the Parker site, I guess the word is out.

C'est la vie! EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Any Fox goodies?

Mike C
Sidelock
Sidelock

George- if by Fox you mean moi- RWTF-I never have done the HoJo "website cop" number on anyone on this site, to the best of my knowledge- if you want to "lump me in with HoJo and Sir Lowell of the Thorny Glen" I guess that's your perogative. I enjoy EDM's erudite phrases, and respect his background and devotion to the Parker Gun and the great history of the Brothers Parker and their manufacturing complex in Meriden Conn. Truly an American Gothic of the Industrial Revolution, much like the Stanley Works in New Britain Conn. And please don't forget in your consideration of this FOX (not A.H.) I did a "Jimmy The Greek 1948 reprise" and correctly picked Obama's Surpreme Court Candidate- Love to get you in a Friday night Stud Poker game!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed,

I actually just had this same problem when trying to exchange files with somebody else. But I couldn't even get it to open out of the documents folder so who knows......

See you in Toledo, OH next week. Looking forward to it as always. I'll bring money and peruse through what's left, you might even sell me something else besides what I already bought. *wink*

Destry

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.