May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (R Reynolds, GMCS, Jimmy W), 681 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,501
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
it's the same gun as the Charles Daly 500, but with double triggers.

My Daly 500 and my Miroku 500 both have double triggers. I'm pretty sure the BSS came only with single trigger.

Sidelock
Sidelock

what can you buy in similar price range? lets see clunkers like stevens 311, savage neofox, izh, iga..... the only downsides i found with the one i owned was lack of ejectors (sorta like having car w/o ac) and extra care required to keep rust of the barrels. that early 70s bss with non-selective st also had rust-o-philic tubes if i recall correctly.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
rust-o-philic tubes

Same thing on early Citoris. Ejectors are way overrated.

Sidelock
Sidelock

For that much money the gun should have jumped into the back of your truck. It cost less than an Remington 1100 and is a much better looking gun. Why is it when I am looking at gun show guns these days they tend to be beaten to death and priced like virgins in Vegas? Buy the gun and shoot the heck out of it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I've had a Miroku BC My Luck 12 ga. sxs since '98. Mine is a straight stocked "Model M", choked IC and F, with double triggers, probably made in the late '50's and purchased in Japan by someone in the service. After refinishing the wood with oil, I had two minor problems. First the leafspring for the safety snapped; I replaced it with a section of wallclock mainspring--detempered, cut and shaped, then retempered. Second, after several years' use, the toplever V spring broke. After some research, I found a gunsmith in NJ who had a stock of these he'd made up, and sent one. Total cost maybe $50, and I had to file an end a bit. Toplever springs on earlier models like mine had a history of failing, and were eventually replaced, at least on the O/U's, with coil springs. After buying and installing the spring from the gunsmith, I found Wisner's site (http://www.wisnersinc.com/additional_info/Mirokusprings.html), which lists lots of information about Miroku guns, though again mostly for O/U models. While the O/U V-style toplever spring shown on Wisner's site certainly looks like mine, I'm uncertain it would fit. I expect they'd know the answer.

Can't say about shooting steel--I only hunt upland birds. But I've been very happy with my Miroku, something you'll usually hear from owners. It's handsome, light, well balanced, and aside from these two small problems, has been a pleasure to shoot and carry. At under $400, in the condition you describe, clearly a steal.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I have a Model 500, 12 gauge, DT and I have used it for skeet, even though the chokes are a little tight @ full and mod. It has a repaired hairline crack in the buttstock, but I shoot it anyway and I have never had a problem with it cracking any further. I believe I paid $300.00 or $350.00 for it about two or three years ago. I will say one thing, although it is a nice shooting gun, it is also, by far, the worst recoiling gun I have ever fired. I put a KICKEEZ pad on it and it is pretty rough. I have let others shoot it and they pretty much felt the same way. In fact, it might just be a coincidence, but my CTS started after shooting mine for about a week at skeet. So, be prepared to buy a pad for it. But, I would pay what you are paying for yours. It sounds like a really good deal. Good luck.

M&M Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Quote:
it's the same gun as the Charles Daly 500, but with double triggers.

My Daly 500 and my Miroku 500 both have double triggers. I'm pretty sure the BSS came only with single trigger.

I'm sure you are correct, especially since you have a Daly. It was the BSS I had in mind on the single trigger.

Sidelock
Sidelock

unlike the std bss they have lighter barrels and no paddle for front wood so even one with 30" tubes isn't a boat anchor.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Buy it, and don't think twice. I shoot this gun in 20 ga. and absolutely love it. The president of Kimber America saw me with mine at the Southern SxS 2 years ago, and told me he had one as a teenager, and told me it was the real sleeper in the used market today. Fabulous steel in the barrels. I actually have that same gun--12 ga., 28", M/F--that I am going to sell, and will get more than $395 for it. You won't regret buying a Miroku.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Are the barrels on the Miroku Model 500, and the same timeframe Miroku O/Us (pre-Citori) chrome lined?
If not chrome lined, I could open the chokes if I wanted to.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.