May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (Jtplumb, Argo44, GETTEMANS, cpa, eeb, 2 invisible), 1,044 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,509
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#152391 06/25/09 01:26 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Some of the boys here did plenty of talking it up on the U P shoot before it happened but I have seen nothing since the weekend. Did I miss it? I remember one wrote it is best darned side by shoot- anywhere- period. Can he give us a report? How about some pix ? And, who won the shooting?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't have any photos. As usual, it was a top-notch event once again. I've been there every year except the first, and it's always been a great time. Clays course offered an excellent variety of presentations, from very easy to quite challenging. One of the two pigeon rings was especially nasty, the other especially shooter-friendly as long as you hit the targets. And the flurry gave me a chance, as it has the last couple years, to use my pair as a pair. My loader put in an excellent performance, always having a loaded gun ready to pass when I was empty. Wish my shooting could've lived up to his efficiency.

Sidelock
Sidelock

the reason we brag about the UP shoot is, it is the best organized, least pretentious, still designed for all sxs shooters not just the well heeled. Examples; organization- everyone registered gets a tag stating their time to be at each event. People are there and the shoot runs on time. Least pretentious- no one feels the need to dress up, guns from entry grade LC Smiths to mint condition Boss's can be seen and invariably if you ask to see someone's double an offer to take it and shoot it follows. If you stop at a tent or group of competitors the welcome mat is always out.While the Vintagers has raised their rates for 5 stand to drive away the unwahsed at the UP a side event could be shot for as little as $5. Admittedly Purdey and H&H aren't there, but this is a shooters event.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nitrah, you're last statement says it all. It is a Shooters Event. I think I went through about 600 rounds in the 3 days of shooting. Very well run, lots of fun targets, and Great people.
I'll be there again next year.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Very few say how good the shoot is but no one posts pix, no official report for the club place, no one knows who won what. Only touchyfeeley things written for example well run, best organized, least pretentious & top notch etc. I have heard the same things on registerd shoots with only 30 men there. I am not doubting these statemnts but if the place wants to get more shooters next year they have to give us more. Esp if you're going to drive 8 hours to get there. If the place is so well organized why is it nothing offical is sent out by the shooting place? Don't they have a publicity guy? Shooting ended on Sunday and today is Friday. And now I ask again how many shooters were there, how many different course were used, where are the pix of the dealers, the club place, etc. Who won what? Pleazze no more touchy feeley, facts pleazze.

Sidelock
Sidelock

http://www.stsportsmen.com/

Check it out for yourself, all info is on there website.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Nitro Express
I am not doubting these statemnts but if the place wants to get more shooters next year they have to give us more.

Nitro,

There is some additional info on both Shooting Sportsman and NOTSSBBS (with pics). Basically they do not need more shooters as they limit the number to 120 shooters for space limitations. Last year they filled up in April. This year they had 117 shooters (cancellations??). Lots of pics and info on their web site as stated above.

Definitely more dealers at the Southern SxS Shoot and at the Vintagers. But for fun shooting of SxSs with a great group of folks it "don't get no better" than this shoot.

Last edited by Tim Wolf; 06/26/09 09:52 AM.

Dustin says, "Today is a gift, Have Fun."
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks much dave for the w-link. Congratulations to first place shootr no. 082 whoever you are. I congrat also shooter no. 090, second place whoever you are. Not to forget no 033 that won the gun. My opinion but that setup using shooter nos. is asinine. Shooters compete in tournaments in part for plaudits and there is zilch recoginition if names are not shown. This is adveryised by those few as the best run & organized, and greatest side by tourney in the U.S. if not the world. Use of shooter numbers TO CAMOUFLAGE the POOR shooters doesn't follow suit. No wory about me coming next year. I am so glad the place attracted almost 120 shooters; errrrrrr I mean numbers. Saturday golf is on TV tomorrow, can't wait to see if the pro's have bags over there heads and a big number on front & back.

GJZ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

This was my 7th year at the UP shoot and you don't know what you're talking about.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nitro, I really don't know what crawled up your rear end. But I think you just want something to complain about.
Stay home, the shoot doesn't need you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.