May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Guy Ave, R Reynolds, Jimmy W, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 844 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,496
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll be there to meet up with Toby Barclay (Hello Toby) and, hopefully, recover possession of my Bozzard & Co damascus sidelock ejector which Toby will have made like new. I will try it out on the five stand. Can't wait.

Richard Howard
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gordon,
Sorry to not have replied when you posted but been away in Scotland.
Yes, I will have the Purdey and W Richards 16g hammerguns with me.
Toby

EDM Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed Muderlak will have a table in the Parker Gun Collectors Assn. tent. I will be signing Limited Editions of my books and will have all the collectible stuff not already sold that was listed on my June 2009 For Sale: Ephemera, Rare Books, and Shotgun-related Memorabilia List--most interested collectors have already e-mailed me for a copy.

After a 90-day 15,300 mile jaunt to Alaska in the R/V I'm back on the farm in Illinois, but will leave for the East Coast Sept. 15th. Any questions: knightofthetrigger@yahoo.com

I was at the first Vintage Cup in 1997 and have attended most years since. The Vintage Cup is a genuine double-gun happening (on the order of Woodstock) and anyone not in jail or under house arrest ought to make an effort to attend. On the way home from Fairbanks I took a long detour and spent a day in Cody WY at the Gun Museum, which pales in comparison to the double-gunners' "eye candy" that can always be seen (and handled and bought) at the Game Fair part or Ray' P's classic event. See ya there... EDM

EDM
Sidelock
Sidelock

See ya'll there.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am there! Shot in the stalking rifle competition today....It was a blast. My first rifle competition. I am not a crack shot pulling a modest 71/52 with my Merkel 9.3x74R.
(As a hunter I'll never starve....But...I won't get fat either!)

To give you an idea how much room for improvement I have...Doug Turnbull shot a 96 in on the first round of Staking...he has yet to finish the 2nd half of the course. (Also, Doug did very well in stopping rifle today shooting a 111/107 with his .475 Turnbull Lever gun reloading 2 at a time...Doug was in the top three at days end.

Weather is great although a bit hot today...tomorrow should be cooler and rain free.

Hats off again to Ray for running such a fine event at a wonderful venue. I will be making the tent rounds on the morrow.

PS - Thanks to all the guys and gals at the Parker hospitality RV for the munchies, liabation and general good time. The snow goose sausage sticks were to die for...

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

These guys were seen talking/checking out Double Rifles late this afternoon.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave, with his skint knuckles/hand, is almost everywhere. On at least one table stood a bottle of champagne bearing his name.

The GGCA( http://www.germanguns.com ) had an extended session today from 11 to say 4 with some very interesting German guns. Mr. Mann, Steven Meyer and Ken Georgi along with other folks made it most informative and enjoyable. Overall I think attendance was down and it may be the $20 per non-shooter person per day entrance fee into the Vintagers.

Kind Regards,
Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

How was the vendor attendence?

Much selling going on?

What did you guys buy!

Best

Thanks,

John Boyd

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey John...

Show was great weather was perfect! Didn't buy anything but did manage to finger up a bunch of other peoples guns. Also, shot in a couple events which was a blast.

There was some nice stuff there and the exhibitors were all pretty happy with both the turn out and the sales activity....maybe the economy is on the upswing?

I'll call you directly during the week to give you the details. Right now I'm trying to dig out....lots of email to answer.

Dave Weber
doublegunshop.com
DoubleGun Evangelist
In Charge But Not Responsible
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dave,
Along with all the great photos you usually post for those of us who could not make it...I sure hope there are a few of Doug T. loosing a few of those .475 Turnbull slugs. Videos would be even better.
Someday I'll get there in person.
Thanks,
Lou M

If it weren't for the wonder of electricity, you'd be reading this post by candle light!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.