Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

If there are any Amish in your area check with them. There was a big pigeon rearing scam a couple years ago that a lot of Amish got wrapped up in. There are a lot of pigeons out there for sale by them at very fair prices.

DLH

Out there at the crossroads molding the devil's bullets. - Tom Waits
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dick,

I live in Julian and im less than 15 miles from Beaver
Pond. Are you a member there? I had thought about joining last year. At that time the owner was still living in the lodge. If I can work it around my schedule I would love to attend.

I am a member of the PGCA and if I can help with anything let me know. e-mail: dss4905@bellsouth.net

Derrick

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Derrick,

You really need to come out and see the new lodge. We're getting some new photos up on the website now but It is really nice, If you saw the tree growing up through the kitchen of the old lodge, imagine one twice the size of it in the main hall and one in the office about the same size.

We have some help with Curtis Media on the Children's Promise shoot so listen for the PSAs coming up soon.

Yes Cherie and I are members since this spring.

Dick

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pigeon suppliers are sometimes in the trapping business big time. Others just go to weekly livestock auctions and buy pigeons. Various groups with strong work ethics, like the Amish for example, seem to keep a steady stream of birds coming if the price is right.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We're still looking and haven't yet found a supplier we think will suit our needs, Too far off or volume too small. I would appriciate any suggestions if any of you have some.

Dick

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dick,

You've got awhile to look, hopefully you can come up with something. I don't know anybody in your area that might be able to help unfortunately.

Destry

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dick,
I routinely attend a number of tower shoots each year. Will you be offering these pigeon or continental pheasant shoots this fall season???
Tom Regel

Luck is the residue of good intention and hard work.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Live bird shoot" . . . I've always been a bit amused by that phrase. I mean, who'd want to shoot DEAD birds???

Falls in the same category with "handling marks" on a gun, which should be "mishandling marks".

Boxlock
Boxlock

Dick,

Shoot me an email at bledbetter @ ntelos . net

I will let you know what little I know about getting some birds.

BL

Last edited by ledbet; 08/25/09 09:58 AM.
ledbet #158961 08/25/09 06:51 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brown,

The phrase is a hold over from the days when clay pigeons were first coming into use. You either shot "live birds" or "inanimate targets", that's how the matches were advertised.

Quite a bit of that in pigeon shooting oddly enough. The rule about having to fire both barrels of your gun even if you kill your bird on the first shot is a hold over from muzzle loading days.

Destry

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.