May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (dogon, SKB, 1 invisible), 362 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,576
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

RH. I think I have sent a reply to you email. Paul Hodgins"Stockmaker Extrordinaire" wants to make your acquaintance Re. Your Family of Gunmakers in ENGLAND. CC/dt

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Is there a national or state firearms database like in the UK? Would love to know how many Hodges guns still exist in the U.S.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Robert Hodges UK
Is there a national or state firearms database like in the UK? Would love to know how many Hodges guns still exist in the U.S.

There better not be or someone is breaking the law.

No such database exists.

Good luck on your project. Is it about finished???

Sidelock
Sidelock

RH, I'll keep an eye out for Hodges guns at auction. I have a considerable collection of old auction catalogs and will also keep an eye out when doing research. If you run across any work done for Woodward, please let me know.

DDA

Sidelock
Sidelock

I recently saw a Boss hammer gun , The actin of which had originally been for a pinfire .It had been very skillfully converted by having fences brazed on to the action and filed up as half shell fence . I have seen other examples of this kind of work including guns with plates brazed on to the face to give extra strength .The gun I refer to had "EC HODGES " stamped on to the back of the action .
If memory serves in The British Shotgun Vol.1 it is suggested that Hodges possibly built the first drop down barrel breech loader in Britain .

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Hi Gunman, v interested in the Boss Hammer gun. Would love to get a few details of serial number and a pic or two for my Hodges gun list (owners names are anonymised). Email me through my Hodges gunmakers website pls. if you can help. Yes EC Hodges is highly likely to have built the first drop down breech loader - proving it is my life's work!

Hi Rocketman - yes EC Hodges actioned a J Woodward and Sons, numbered 3599, circa 1900. I really want to find this one. It is the only example I know of so far which uses the EC Hodges single trigger patent no.19167 of 1899. As you will know Woodward's Ernest Charles Lawrence was originally apprenticed to E.C, Hodges. Please email me via my website for more about the gun. Sadly I have no pic or ownership details - yet!

http://hodgesgunmakers.yolasite.com/

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry but the Boss was a customers gun that I had briefly last year .I would not therefore be correct in passing on any details without his permission.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I fully understand. Would you pass my website details on to him? Hopefully he would contact me if he wishes to.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.