May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Argo44, eeb), 684 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,604
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

“ANSLEY H FOX CHAMPIONSHIP” WINNERS ANNOUNCED

The A H Fox Collectors Association is pleased to announce our 2009 Championship winners. This was our second Championship competition held September 25-26 in conjunction with the Vintage Cup at Pintail Point in Queenstown, MD. Our Championship was offered as a “Concurrent” with the Vintagers American Classic venue, for shooters using Fox shotguns. The course consisted of 10 shooting stations with 50 targets on the Red Course. The targets were challenging to say the least. All told, 136 entrants participated in the American Classic venue.

Frank Srebro “Silvers” of Pennsylvania bested all other Fox competitors with a score of 45/50 targets, and was named our 2009 Ansley H Fox Champion. Frank fielded a 12 gauge Fox CE grade shotgun in factory configuration. Srebro is a founding Life Member and current Board member of the Fox Collectors Association. Frank also achieved the Ansley H Fox Champion title last year in our first ever event.

Daryl Corona of Maryland was Runner-Up with a score of 43/50 and he received our 2009 “FE Grade Champion” award. Daryl shot an early Philadelphia Arms Co. 12 gauge B-grade Fox in factory configuration. In addition to the FE Grade trophy, he will receive a three year extension to his current membership in the AHFCA. Corona was also the 2008 Runner Up in this event.

Dan Barrett of Michigan achieved third place, also with 43/50, using a 12 gauge Fox Sterlingworth. He was named our 2009 “DE Grade Champion”. Dan is a current AHFCA member, and in addition to the Trophy he will receive a 2 year extension to his current membership.

Note that Daryl and Dan both achieved the same numerical score and the cuts were made by Pintail course management using competition scoring software and their established tie-breaker stations. Both competitors achieved the same score on station #5, but Daryl bested Dan on the second tie breaker station #6.

Congratulations are extended to Frank, Daryl and Dan for their excellent shooting at our second annual Ansley H Fox Championship. Additional details on the winners and their Fox guns will be featured in the next edition of the AHFCA Newsletter. Pictures of the first and second place Trophy presentations are attached here. Dan was not available by press time for a picture with his trophy.

The A H Fox Collectors Association offers a sincere Thank You to all shooters who participated in this second year of friendly competition with Ansley Fox designed shotguns.

Fox-Events
http://www.foxcollectors.com/

Fox Director Steve Cambria (left) and Frank Srebro 2009 Ansley H Fox Champion (right)

Fox Director Dave Noreen (left) and Daryl Corona 2009 FE Grade Champion (right)

Sidelock
Sidelock

IWe were on the prelimnary behind one of the fox shooters with a green vest with big Fox embroidrey on the back . that man could smoke em as we say . I wanted to talk to him but we fell behind I see he is Mr. Silver. Congradulations to him and all the fox men. Next year my fox A gun will be there with me .

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations to Frank, Daryl and Dan on some fine shooting - that was NOT an easy course. I shot it three times and never shot better than 50%
I saw Mike there on the green course shooting a 16 ga and he threatened to shoot a 12 later on. I thought we'd see his name in lights here too.

Dean

Sidelock
Sidelock

Congratulations Fellas on some good shootin'!

Dean,

Unfortunately, I wasn't much of a "threat" at all! I stumbled around the courses on Saturday and couldn't seem to get anything going with either gun. I thought the targets were quite good. Without speed and/or distance the target setter managed to steal several from me with transitions I didn't read properly. Glad to see you've got the Missus shooting clays....that ought to necessitate a couple of additional family Parkers?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, I believe you're right. I'll call her in here right now to read your very esteemed opinion on the matter.

Thanks, (I owe you one) Dean

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.