April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jtplumb), 1,113 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

It doesn't have to be expensive. But it better be 100% reliable.

If I am ever in a situation where I had to use a home-defense gun, the cost of losing the gun to confiscation would be the last thing I would be worried about.

Jimmy W Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I am now putting a leather pad on the gun to display my work to people who want to see my leather covered buttpads. My business has really begun to pick up the past few weeks. So that is my first intention. Second, I have never fired it because of the thin barrels and I probably never should have bought it to begin with because it is a low grade gun that would cost a lot more to rebarrel than it is worth. But I did not realize that when I bought it several years ago. I only paid $400.00 for the gun so now, I will probably either sell it as a parts gun or, as I said, sell it to a cowboy shooter and let them deal with sleeving it if they want to spend the money. I really don't. But the curiousity of firing it still lingered. I have already told people at my club, who I shoot with that I had a Parker with cut barrels that were probably too thin to shoot. So, it isn't like I was going to dump them on someone and let them get hurt. So, thanks for your opinions. I really do appreciate them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

About 30 years ago I knew a guy that spent 11 months and 29 days in jail for shooting a fleeing home intruder in the buttocks with a sawed off 12ga....'claimed the guy he shot had to have a rubber covered butt.

Ps...Caint wAit for the pics Jammy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jimmy;
Do you have the means of taking accurate wall measurements down the length of the bbl. "IF" it indeed has adequate wall thicknesss over the chamber & for at least 12" or beyond with the thiness being confined to the last 2"-3" inches near the muzzle, I would simply shoot it, especially if it is closer to the .020 than the .010. Also if you could mic the od prior to firing & then again after you could pick up if it began to swell, which would be more likely to happen than a split.
Many shotgun bbls actually enlarge as they near choke area with a thinner wall from around 18" to a little behind the choke area.
Many who are screaming with hysreria would likely be surprised at what some of the bbls measured around the 18" mark on guns they have shot for years.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Post deleted by Dave Weber

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jimmy,
Would you please post photos of your leather pad work?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Purty please...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe he would if you posted a picture of that feller with the rubber covered hiney.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ken's home defense weapon is a Diamond Grade Lindner Daly.

Jimmy W Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I don't know exactly what is being said here in the past few posts. I think Dave has deleted something and I have Jobby on my ignore list so I can't see anything he says...... So, I will answer the best that I can........ No, 2-piper, I only used a mike and measured the end of the barrels, so I can't accurately measure beyond that........ On The Wings Of A Dove, I can't really post pictures of my leather pads because my computer won't post them any more. For some reason, it won't pick up my pictures from my digital camera like it used to....... I did finish putting a leather pad on it last night and I took it to the shooting range today. None of the guys there thought the barrels were anything to worry about, so a few of us took it out and shot a box of shells through it from the #7 station at the skeet range. It took us a while to figure out that you have to shoot about a foot and a half under the target to break the birds from that station, but after that we ran a box through it and it shot fine. And, it looks pretty nice with the new leather covered pad. So, it should make a nice home defense gun if someone doesn't make me a good offer for it. So, thanks for the input from you guys. I really appreciate it. And, good luck.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.