April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ted Schefelbein, CJ Dawe, RWG, Jerry G, 2 invisible), 489 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,070
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is this the Hussey that was discussed here, or maybe another site, that has new barrels with Birmingham proof marks? It was common in the '60's to re-use the original ribs on the new barrels.

Mike

Originally Posted By: PALUNC

And the Hussey is a real nice gun. I agree my pictures suck bad. But I look all over the web. In England they consider Hussey a very desirable gun and priced accordingly.I just beleive not many people here in the U.S. know much about this maker.

George L is right, with regard to a best gun, H. J. Hussey is not a 2nd or 3rd tier maker, and there's no shortage of buyers educated enough to know that in the US. That's not the problem. The problem is that most potential buyers in the US that ARE educated enough to know that and might otherwise be interested will also know that you have it priced at twice what it's worth, due to the replacement barrels by an unknown Birmingham maker. It is what it is, and wishful pricing won't change that.

"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."
Sidelock
Sidelock

That's what I was trying to say....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, for what it is worth, any gun that is worth receiving money for, deserves pictures that excite you to want to buy it. George L. your pictures of your gun for sale are not very exciting to see either. Both of these guns don't show up worth a hoot on my computer. Dark, out of focus and no pictures that show any details. Please, I am not picking on anyone here, just probably not saying it as tactfully as I could.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree, George needs help.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The pictures look burlesque to me...

Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess I can't understand why in 2009 anyone is 'obliged' to advertise a gun with fuzzy or darkly lit photos. For $100 you can buy a digital camera that produces decent photos. The even have settings that allow the camera to do all the adjustments automatically.

I love it the most when someone posts a really crappy photo and precedes it with 'I took these with my cell phone camera...'

Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg,

Particularly if you plan on advertising a $10k shotgun. Not to mention the 'film' is free. When I sell a gun, I'll take a hundred pics if I need to, to come up with a dozen that show the detail I want to show.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

My H.J. Hussey was discussed earlier this year and the most definitive response was posted by OWD & I quote:

"Read the ad HoJo, It's a 2 barrel set, Yes - the original barrels are sleeved. But there is another set, 27", added at a later date. These barrels were made by Atkin, Grant & Lang. They own the rights to the Hussey name (that's why the new barrels have the Hussey name on them). So basically that gun has new barrels by the Maker." OWD

BTW: THe pictures of my Hussey show up fine on my computer, not professional but the best that we can do.

Best Regards, George

To see my guns go to www.mylandco.com Select "SPORTING GUNS " My E-Mail palmettotreasure@aol.com
Sidelock
Sidelock

GregSY:
You know. Starting out the day with a big glass of prune juice might be just what the doctor ordered for you!!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.