May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (GMCS, Jimmy W, welder), 633 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,501
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
eeb Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

In my experience if the LOP is right on a straight grip there is very little if any hand movement to the back trigger. A short LOP will result in hand movement that is distracting to me. I prefer the straight grips, but that's just an aesthetic and has nothing to do with shootability.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: sxsman1
"if you are shooting a side by side with two triggers you need a straight grip stock so that your hand can slide back easily for the rear trigger."

Nonsense.

IMO, if the guns are properly fitted, there is nothing different about shooting DT SxS guns, regardless of whether they're SS, POW, or PG. And I have small hands.

Rare, medium, or well done; to each his own - it's all beef.

Always looking for small bore Francotte SxS shotguns.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Randall, if you are in agreement that "to each his own" it should not be qualified as
"nonsense". DTs paired with PGs may make sense and work for some and may not
for others.

My experience with an Austrian ou that had been originally built with ST and PG and
was later converted to DT was that -for me- it was very uncomfortable to shoot in
spite of the fact that the rest of the measurements fit me quite well. If I had kept it
I would have modified the stock to semi PG.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

Poppycock.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JayCee
if you are in agreement that "to each his own" it should not be qualified as
"nonsense"

You've lost me JC.
My reply of 'nonsense' refers to the following:

Originally Posted By: sxsman1
"if you are shooting a side by side with two triggers you need a straight grip stock so that your hand can slide back easily for the rear trigger."

In other words, I'm saying it's nonsense to proclaim that you can't shoot a DT SxS properly w/ anything but a SG stock.

In other words, I'm saying it's nonsense to proclaim that a POW or PG stock is unsuitable for use on a DT SxS.

In other words, SG, POW, PG - they're all fine for DT SxS guns - it's up to the individual shooter to choose, or, in other words,
'to each his own'.

Always looking for small bore Francotte SxS shotguns.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have double trigger guns with straight stocks and with pistol grips. I don't notice any difference when I shoot either type. I do find pistol grip guns easier to carry one-handed with the barrel pointing up, as in thick brush.
Joe

Sidelock
Sidelock

Put me down as another person that happily shoots double triggers on guns with semi-pistol grips. And, I much prefer them. I do not do will with straight grips and would not own one.

Also put me down as considering any statement that "Double triggers require straight grips" is simple nonsense. I do not move my hand when I switch triggers, only my finger. Why would I want to move my whole hand, thereby changing how I am holding the gun?

Niklas

Sidelock
Sidelock

I agree with you Niklas- all my doubles have gentle curved pg and splinter forearms (although I am putting a field style beavertail I bought on this site on a 12 LC Smith 2E with 32" ventilated rib Nitro barrels- it was most likely a live bird gun, I like it very much for Tower released bird shoots. I own and shoot mainly Smiths, and as I don't trust the Hunter One Trigger 100%, they all have double triggers- and sometimes for incomers I fire the rearmost trigger first, then move forward to fire the frontmost trigger for the "closer incoming finisher shot" works for me, may not work as well for the next guy. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Why does everyone think they have a "Live bird gun".

Sidelock
Sidelock

"..It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds..".........--Samuel Adams.......

Doug

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.