April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (bushveld, Marks_21, Argo44, Lloyd3, Ted Schefelbein, 1 invisible), 1,166 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,145
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ever come with 26" barrel's with M/F chokes?

gun weighs 6# 15 oz

Thanks for your input
H&H

NOT A FAN OF PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE
Sidelock
Sidelock

SD&G would provide their customer just about any combination of features they desired. Within the Daly database are guns with short barrels (26") and reportedly original tight chokes. Unfortuantely choking is not marked on Prussian Dalys so there is no way to confirm the original choking unless you have the orginal hang tag.

Usually the question is phrased the otherway :-) - i.e., a gun has little or no choke and the owner wonders if it is original. If the choke is there to begin with, I would suspect they are oriignal barring any other information.

BTW, except for the very last of the Prussian Dalys (post-SD&G era), there is really no such animal as a "superior grade" Prussian Daly. I know I'm nit-picking here on the terminology, but it causes problems when discussing other models. SD&G always sold their guns by model number. Some of the models were grouped under umbrella terms such as "diamond quality", and later "regent diamond quality", but the "empire" and "superior" terms are later names and should only be applied to post-1930 guns. (Your gun might be in this era, in which case the name would be correct, but the majority of Prussian Dalys were made previously to the introduction of this term which is why I bring it up.)

Ken

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 185 grade Prussian Daly circa 1906-07 with 26" barrels. It weighs 6lbs even and is choked Full/Cyl. It is a deadly conbination on pheasants over my setter.
Best,
Jon

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 12 ga. 185 grade Prussian Daly circa 1906-07 with 26" barrels. It weighs 6lbs even and is choked Full/Cyl. It is a deadly conbination on pheasants over my setter.
Best,
Jon

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ken

Not a problem, I am still trying to learn all I can before I jump into a buy somewhere. It isn't my gun at this time but I am searching for the right buy.

I am talking about this gun, which you have probably seen already.

http://www.griffinhowe.com/sgmoreinfo.cfm

Any more thoughts or opinions are appreciated.

H&H

Sidelock
Sidelock

I couldn't get the reference to work but if it is this one:

it is interesting in that it only has upper overhanging scears. Regarding the chokes, Sauer in what I think was a S,D&G's advert. noted that any choke could be ordered as well as there were 2 levels of patterning effort(with the upper level addressing pattern distribution as well as distribution after multiple shots thru the same tube) of course with added expense, but if a choke preference wasn't given, full in the left and modified in the right was the norm. Anyone know if Lindner had a patterning board or target range? He may have used Sauer's or sub-ed to Sauer. I've seen a couple of examples with 26" tubes and own a pattern welded version, which is one of my favorites.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks like a clean original gun, a bit too heavy to be one of the Daly "Featherweights". Unusual to find a 26" gun, and, in my experience, a rather unusual engraving pattern. I may well be wrong about it being an unusual engraving pattern. Does it have Lindner markings? Post the serial number and our resident guru may give you more information on its age and features.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

ellenbr

Yep.........That be the one I was trying to link to.

H&H

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jon S
I have a 185 grade Prussian Daly circa 1906-07 with 26" barrels. It weighs 6lbs even and is choked Full/Cyl. It is a deadly conbination on pheasants over my setter.
Best,
Jon

I like Cyl/Full or IC/Full very much, also. It makes a more versatile combination, IMO, for a hunting double. Even more-so in smaller gauges, like the 28.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think this one passed under the eye of H.A. Lindner, but I could easily be mistaken. The forend bump is different as are the "church windows" as compared to the 1st serial number set but it is probably in the 2nd series and maybe assembled from existing components by a craftsmen. The engraving and the name Charles Daly seem different.

Kind Regards,

Raimey
rse

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.