March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ken Nelson, SKB, battle, trw999, Argo44, 1 invisible), 362 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,002
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#166751 11/09/09 04:48 PM
jjwag69 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

We just returned from the Chamberlain, South Dakota after a short 15 1/2 hour drive! We had a great hunt! We hunted near Chamberlain, Pukwana and White Lake. Although we had no problems getting our limit each day, we did not see the number of birds we saw last year. The birds, I believe, are there but the standing corn and soy beans have given them plenty of food and cover that is difficult at best to hunt. A brief walk in the 7 foot corn sent birds running in all directions, but the flush was weak and the birds hard to shoot through the tall corn. Food plots and shelter belts held plenty of roosters and shooting action.

The harvest was in full swing as we left, but the soil is still too wet in some areas for the combines to complete their tasks. We booked our return for the same week next year. I will try to post a picture or two later.

Jim

Last edited by jjwag69; 11/09/09 04:50 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

thanks for the update Jim. I leave wednesday for P'Crest. How was the weather? was it warm?

jjwag69 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The weather was warm but not unbearable. I will give you a call on Tues.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Spent last week in South Dakota--De Smet to Watertown area---hunting waterfowl. Great trip, not much shooting but I did get my 1st Tundra Swan and a beautiful drake Can. Would have posted a picture, but SX-2's don't play well on this site. Didn't hunt pheasants but talked to lots of pheasant hunters in the resturants at night. Tough hunting, virtually no picked corn and fields/roads were extremely wet and muddy. The forecast when we left was for mostly sunny weather, hope the farmers got their corn out and give you upland hunters half a chance. We did see lots of pheasants late afternoon flying/walking out of unpicked corn into the CRP to roost.

"Every one must believe in something, I believe I'll go hunting today."

Jim,

I was in Chamberlain last week also( Al's Oasis) with a bunch of guys from Ky.We hunted standing corn all day killing a few but about dusk went to the CRP and killed our limits in a matter of minutes.Seems like lots of grouse and chickens with the pheasants but too much standing corn.Plan to go back in about 3 weeks. While in the corn had to put 30 inch full choke barrels on my old NID.

David

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.