May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Steve Nash, Skeeterbd, playing hooky, 1 invisible), 298 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,516
Posts545,686
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Steve, I'll refresh my memory on the patents as I have them in another room. If you need any additional information on No. 5750, don't hesitate to ask. My contact info. is in my profile.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geno
I wonder how Powell's lift lever patent correlates to Horsley gun?

It doesnt Mr. Clown Shoes, but it is a Bar-in-wood like the Powell, it has hammers.. and its an extremely fine and interesting gun....again like the Powell. And here's another little nugget for ya gEnO....this topic started off with a pic and description of a nice hammergun that the poster wanted to share with us because he thought it to be very nice and unique...it had nothing to do with patents. I added another gun to a discussion that I thought to be just a cool and unique. Why pick a fight you can't win Geno? Add something or dont add anything at all. For the life of me I cant understand why your are so well liked here, it really puzzles me. Your blatant antagonizing is annoying, only because you are the one who ends up acting like the kid getting picked on. Find something else to do.

Speaking of things that have nothing to do with double guns...I'd like to know what a Russian racoon has to do with fine double guns? That was a nice post

Still waiting for the pics of the crapped out Darnes...anytime now Geno, anytime now.

Ok, my apologies to the rest of you who are adding good information, putting up pictures and providing commentary. Sorry for not adding much of anything to the discussion.

Last edited by LeFusil; 12/07/09 07:10 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geno is one of the stalwarts of this board and has been since before I joined. His knowledge of doubles and hunting with them have enriched many conversations on many subjects and his opinions are always welcomed by everyone but you. If you have to attack someone there are plenty of targets around without having to resort to this type of post directed at such a respected member of this board.

Cary Nelson

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dude, opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one, and they ain't all alike. For now, I'm going to go with the notion that some of the nuances and slang we all use here are lost on Geno, which has caused a dispute, or three, since he arrived.
I too, am waiting for the photos of the exploded Darnes (the locating hole he said was a weak spot doesn't penetrate to the depth of the rim cut in the breech of a Darne, and an engineer I know doubted it caused a weakness in that area, contrary to his opinion) and an explaination of how they can build double rifles on the same action as a shotgun since, oh, about the turn of the last century, and they don't self-destruct, was met with silence.
I'll go benefit of the doubt here on Geno, but the rub is way wrong from time to time. Stalwarts come and go in my experience-Old Lightning, Klunk, Dr. Gaddy, etc.
We sally forth, anyway. Deal with it.
Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a Powell (2) bar in wood with the lift up top lever. The serial number is 4654. Would you have an idea on the date of mfg of this gun? The gun was sleeved. The hammers really cock easy on this gun compared to my others.
Thanks for any info on the gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dwight,
Powell No. 4488 (Powells Patent 879) was sold July 30, 1870.
I'd very much appreciate a description of each gun, the serial number and the "Powells Patent" number.
Steve Helsley

Sidelock
Sidelock

Malcolm Osborne has bought Wm Powell and still trades as Wm Powell from a new showroom near Warwick he's probably got the records or can put you in touch with who as.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lagopus
I went to a blackpowder clay shoot yesterday, well more of a vintage gun shoot if anything, and a friend who is a Gunsmith brought this along. Just thought that I would share with you such an interesting gun. Lagopus.....

Lovely Gun Lagopus and thanks for sharing. Where was your black powder shoot by the way? I have just ordered some Gamebore black powder cartridges to use later this season in my 1870 Reilly so am looking forward to the opportunity. I was shooting last week alongside Diggory (Small Bore) who was also using them - the sound and smoke is epic!

Thomas Horsley had too patent for pull-back toplever (no. 2410 of 1st October 1863)

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good one Tuomo! You saved French man from guillotine

Geno.
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.