Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Capt Chee:

Again- it goes back to the State Legislators.

If they refuse the Federal money, they have a great deal more freedom.

The question then is : do they have the balls to refuse the largesse of the Federal Gravy Train?

Regards

GKT

Texas Declaration of Independence 1836 -The Indictment against the dictatorship, Para.16:"It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments."
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, most game depts are funded (for the most part, if not entirely) by hunting license revenues. That and federal P-R $, which are based on the number of hunting licenses sold. If they get any general fund money, that's likely to be cut when there's a budget crunch (like there is in many states, right now). Therefore, what should really make sense to a state game dept is to promote HUNTING. If there's a problem with wolves hurting game populations, then that's likely to have a negative impact on license sales. So . . . they shouldn't care all that much about wolves, which have mostly been foisted on them by the feds, not the local politicos. And, as noted above, it's the Greens who don't seem to want any control at all--as in even very limited hunting--on wolves. Almost makes you think they'd like to eliminate hunting entirely--and in fact, I'm certain that's the agenda of at least some of them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Larry:

I am sure the bulk of Greens would like to ban hunting entirely for several reasons:

Hunting is bad because-

1) It legitimizes private ownership of firearms
2) It legitimizes a culture of DIY - if a citizen can partly feed himself and protect himself, said citrizen might harbor ideas about doing for himself what the elites from Harvard and Berkely desire to do for him.
3) It reminds the sqeamish that Man is a carnivore with binocular vision . They would prefer to think of humanity as cud-chewing herbivores.

It comes back to the politics- in Congress and State Legislature.

If Legislature says "State Game Dept. establish controlled hunt for wolves" the Game Dept will do so.

Plus we must keep pressure on Congress, this isnt a Lib-Conserv issue, and even a liberal congressman, if he is from a rural or partly rural area, will ignore his constituents at his peril, unless he wants to kiss up to the Speaker.

It is the only way to play this game. Or resort to the "3-S" method.

Regards

GKT

Texas Declaration of Independence 1836 -The Indictment against the dictatorship, Para.16:"It has demanded us to deliver up our arms, which are essential to our defence, the rightful property of freemen, and formidable only to tyrannical governments."
Sidelock
Sidelock

RMS and Bridge Boy, the red stuff on reels is red flags attached to the thin, but strong rope, flags aprx. 1 yard from each other.
Wolfs are very affraid of it and can't cross the red flags line, exept cases, when you shoot wolf just near the line or other animals such as boars or mooses break the line.
When location of wolf pack determed, hunters begin to hang this flags around pack. Needed total length of flags on rope is about 3,5-5 miles. Usualy this work takes about 1 day. The other day is hunting day.
There are several methods to shoot surrounded wolfs.
First method is driving. One part of the line will be opened the next day to make some kind of corridor, where hunters have to wait for wolfs.
Second method - one or two hunters, we call them ruffs, just walking inside surrounded area and the rest of hunters stand right down the line inside about 50-100 or more yards (depends on # of hunters) from each other and wait for coming wolfs. This method makes it possible to shoot sorrounded wolfs for several days and weeks even untill all wolfs will be killed.

Geno.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Greg Tag
Capt Chee:

Again- it goes back to the State Legislators.

If they refuse the Federal money, they have a great deal more freedom.

The question then is : do they have the balls to refuse the largesse of the Federal Gravy Train?

Regards

GKT

true but there lays the big rub .
here the F&G funding is not part of the Tax base . IE its funded though licenses and tags .
However even then because Idaho has so much federally managed lands , the fed also sends money
. Case in point that’s un wolf related .
Idaho for years had a traditional muzzle loading hunt .
Part of the rules stated no optics .
A well known modern muzzleloading writer found out that states get federal funding for management through the federal system and that system had strict guidelines concerning that funding

Thus he filed a lawsuit claiming age and handicap discrimination against states who did not allow scopes for muzzle loading hunts , as a way to force the acceptance of his chosen personal opinions

At first most folks simply laughed .
When all was said and done he lost . But in part he won , because the fed came down and required the states to submit a plan to deal with the issue or lose funding .

Not real worrisome . However money had to be spent .
So if a state like Idaho said bugger off to the million of federal funding which far exceeds the amount of state dollar income , it would not be good for the state .
Management here isn’t IMO good now with the funding we have . It would be much worse if we lost federal funding
it’s a catch 22 , it really is
Personally I would like nothing better to see this sate give the big finger to the fed and the horse it road in on .
Not only on the wolf issue but on many other issues as well .
The fed hand as nothing but blackmail .
but i also understand that its a big complicated issue

Last edited by captchee; 12/19/09 07:24 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"( Geno, BTW, In your photo what is wound up in those reels, with the blaze orange flagging?? Do you string them out to funnel the wolves to the gunners?)"

It is a rope with pieces of fabric attached used as a barrier, corral, what have you, to encircle an area known to have wolves. The fabric has a strong human scent.
I have seen it used in eastern Poland & Hungary (Carpathian Mountains) to hold prey for an organised drive. Works well. I am pretty sure the Estonians use a similar method.

Good Shooting
T.C.
The Green Isle
Sidelock
Sidelock

Some of my Native American relatives in northern Labrador deal with Wolves with Prestone anti-freeze. Does not freeze, attractive to dogs- all dogs-domestic or wild. not very legal but very effective.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Practice the Wisconsin Wolf Management Program. Shoot, Shovel, And shut up! There are places I can't hunt my beagles anymore! As for Grouse season when one of my Springers goes in deep to the side I worry. Fishers and wolfs are a BIG problem. SHOOT, SHOVEL, AND SHUT UP!!!!!!!

BEWARE OF DOGMA
Sidelock
Sidelock

RMC dont Circulate that it was from Newberry say it was from Mcmillan, I live in Newberry and would prolly be one of the first to get Questioned!!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess Pennsylvania isn't the only state whose Game Commission has been taken over by anti-hunters. Our problem now is that with the sale of timber, gas, and oil from our State Game Lands (especially now since they sit on top of rich Marcellus Shale Deposit reserves) they really don't seem to care what the hunters or legislators think. Death threats are rumored to be the cause of Dr. Gary Alts' departure from our commonwealth. He was the pseudo-biologist who made our white-tailed deer an endangered species. It's a shame no one followed through on those threats, in my opinion. I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.