May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (graybeardtmm3, Robert Hudson, Dan S. W., earlyriser), 891 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,399
Members14,412
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KenL Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I have a 20ga B.C. Miroku that was imported under the name Charles Daley around 1966. Would anyone know if this was a copy of the Browning Superposed or the Citori?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The answer to your question is YES and NO, the action, ejectors, locking mecahnism and top lever are almost the same albeit that the overall length of the action is smaller and the first 3 interations utilised leaf springs, the 4th was an all coil spring arrangement and ceased production in 1976. The big difference is in the hammer and sear system., the under barrel hammer pivots off the top of the action and the over barrell pivots off the bottom of the action. The firing pins use a dual pin system with the primer striker being removable through the face of the standing breech, the hammers have a lug out the side which strikes the pin which travells in a direct straicht line 90 degrees to the standing breech unlike most other over and unders which are offset.

If you go to this site http://www.wisnersinc.com/main.htm click on shotguns, click on Miroku/Mossberg, Click on CLICK HERE for Miroku Firearm Model and Spring info, keep scrolling down and you will learn all there is ti know about these fine old guns.

Hotrack

Life is too short to drink cheap wine
Sidelock
Sidelock

To expand a bit on Hotrack's excellent technical explanation . . . the Miroku Daly preceded the Citori. The Citori owes much in its design to the Miroku Daly, but they aren't the same gun, just as the BSS differs from the Miroku Daly side by side, which preceded it. But again, quite a bit in common. And all good guns.

KenL Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

The reason for the question was an advertizement for a Charles Daly 28ga on Gunsamerica.com with the claim that it was the same as a Browning Superposed imported by charles Daly around 1963-67 and that it was not a Citori. I was wondering if my 20ga Daly, which was in the same vintage, was also a superposed. Your information was quite helpful. Thanks!

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Daly's from the 60's generally (always?) had better wood and engraving than the Citoris that followed shortly after, but they are not Superposeds. Nice guns and usually a very good value, except for the 28 gauge (too pricey).

My favorite article on Miroku & Japanese Daly's was Larry Brown's excellent piece in SSM, Sept-Oct, 2002.

Centers more on the SxS's but gives you history.

Most likely would have let a '60's 20g slip by, had I not read this. (Thank-you, Mr Brown !)

T.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Twin, other folks have accused me of causing the price on those guns to escalate. Not sure I have quite that much influence . . .

Larry,

If what they say is true, then who's responsible
for BSS price tags this year??
--300% to 400% more than last Mirokus & Dalys I've seen lately,
and that's a lot o'brass for that gun.
Hope they bought 3 or 4 when Browning had 'em around $375.

Tom

Last edited by TwinBBL; 12/17/06 12:37 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.