May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
8 members (earlyriser, Jimmy W, Gunning Bird, Ian Forrester, Borderbill, 1 invisible), 412 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,496
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

Since there are so many geezers I don't feel bad about being 67 at all. Well, that's a lie for sure. I've only been doing shotguns for twenty years. And just competition guns, mostly Perazzis. There have been some other brands thru my hands and in the safe now even, but the Perazzis just do the job the best. I have little interest in hunting but the pigeon ring is just fine for satisfying that need to kill. May have saved a couple politicos and slime even.
So all the guns currently are O/U's (OKOK a couple M12's) but I've been sorta looking for a Perazzi SxS DC series gun. Not sure why tho.

JMO of course

WtS

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm 59 and still have my first gun, a double, given to me by my Dad when I was about 8. It's a Stevens 311 410. Shooting doves over water tanks in Texas, I couldn't hit anything with it and envied the other kids with 20's and 16's. A couple of years ago I read an article about long shot columns and no need for chokes in 410's for birdhunting so I reamed her out. Its just like I'm a kid all over again because I still can't hit anything with it. Quail perch on the end of the barrels and thumb their beaks at me. My dog looks at me with disdain and comes over and pees on my leg. There's lots of memories in that gun.

I'm a lefty so I never grew fond of repeaters. When I turned 18 my Dad offered me either a new 870 or a SKB 100. I took the Remington and never liked it. It was so long I felt like I was shooting a Brown Bess. Short of an indecently clad woman with a well turned leg, nothing will turn my head like a quality double. With them I'm a regular Tiger Woods. I've had quite a few, fondled many, and have no intentions of ever really curbing my addiction. I just hide them carefully from the wife.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm 72. I bought a new Superposed 20 ga in my early twenties and about the same time, I bought a 12 ga L.C. Smith field grade. I now have no interest in anything that isn't a double trigger side by side, preferably old and English but I have foxes, Smiths and Parkers. Last year I added a double rifle.
I confess, however, that I also have two Model 12s and two Model 42s. What was I thinking?

Richard Howard
Sidelock
Sidelock

Be 50 next month, God willing. smile

Hooked on shotguns ever since grandpa let me handle his old sawed off 12 gauge, a Stevens 311 used to ward off trouble or set things straight on the family farm. It's in the safe now along with a few other double guns and a number of Ithaca 37 16s that just keep multiplying.

The first double SxS I bought was a spanking new 20 gauge grouse gun around age 30.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Turned 55 this past December.

My 1st double was a Remington 1900 12 ga my dad gave me when I was 13-14 years old. I bought my 1st double when I was 17 or 18, a Spanish 10 ga that saw extensive use on waterfowl.

Now have a number of other doubles including the aforementioned Rem 1900 12 and the Spanish 10. Come to think of it, I haven't had the ten out for probably 30 years. Maybe I'll dust it off and take it out for turkeys in a few weeks.

Cameron Hughes
pod Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

im 75 i bought my 1st sxs in 1946 a lefever 16 guage i pd $15 for it i think. never been without a fine double.

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.