May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Southern Sport, AGS, SKB, 1 invisible), 591 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,501
Posts545,500
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Chuck H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'm wondering if the water damaged parts or any other forend parts ever hit the market. I want a separate forend iron set for the CSM .410 bbls I ordered.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't know but I'd be interested to know if you or me gets his .410 tubes first!

Chuck H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Greg,
Based on what Lou and the gal told me, this is a one time production run. I suspect they are getting them made outside CSM. That likely means the barrels will all be distributed as they arrive in batches. They said the production runs will be by gauge. I forget the exact order, but they said the .410 barrels would be the last batch. They estimated as much as a year from now for delivery of .410 bbls.

So, we'll likely get ours about the same time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Great idea to have 2 forends, Chuck, as I can't imagine the Galazan .410 bbls fitting the original forend as well as the original 28 ga bbls do. That said, good luck ever finding Parker Repro forend metal. I don't believe I've ever seen one for sale. By the way, be sure to join or at least lurk here: http://parkerguns.org/forums/
Enjoy your new Repro; they are great guns!
Joe

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow....another year when they initially said Sept 09.

I didn't have the impression they were being made outside but who knows in today's world....?

The guy there I spoke with said, very confidently, he was ensuring the barrels would match the forend. I chose not to ask how he was doing that and how he was ensuring the barrels would not weight a ton. I find in life that if I ask too many questions I am inevitably disappointed with the answers.

Chuck H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The forend iron should fit fine from the 28g. However, the wood will not be without some generous gap from the barrels.

If I can't find a forend iron set, I'll hew the iron from billet. But that Deeley latch is the bugger in the batch of parts. I bet there's two days work it that alone. If you're a machinist will understand what I'm saying. The actual forend iron is the easiest part in the bunch to make.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow, make one? Either you are kidding, or you are very serious about having another forend (and a talented machinist)! Greg, they told me the same thing; the .410 bbls would fit the original forend fine, without weighing any more than the original 28 ga bbls (is that even possible?). I think they say what they think you want to hear. Sept. '09, huh?
Joe

Chuck H Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Joe,
I'm pretty serious. I really don't like the prospect of making one if I can find one though. The big piece is not a difficult part to make. I haven't dissected the ejector system, but they should be reasonable parts to make.

That Deeley latch is full of lots of cuts and setup time. Probably more time in that thing as the main iron.

As for the barrels fitting the original forend, I'm sure the forend would work, but with some gap in the wood fit. Nobody would make barrels with wallthickness to fit a forend of a larger gauge. That'd just be silly...and so heavy as to be impracticable.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chuck,

I've always heard that the parts from the flood were sentenced to never see the light of day again due to liability concerns. I keep hoping they'll turn up somewhere someday, but they may have been scrapped. Maybe, just maybe, someone had the forethought to preserve them though.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is my experience that an original Parker Bros. ejector forend will fit reasonably well on a Repro. I've been using one on my Repro for several years. It came from a 16 ga. 0-frame DHE so, like you said, there is a generous gap between the 20 ga. barrels and the wood.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.