April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (battle, Jimmy W, ithaca1, SKB, dblgnfix, 1 invisible), 311 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,463
Posts545,048
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KY Jon #178834 02/15/10 10:47 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

RMC I would make absolutely sure that those handguns are documented as stolen with a police report. I have a feeling they wanted those handguns for a reason, to commit future crimes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Randy,

Sure sorry to hear about you misfortune.

If any of you have considered adding surveilance to you homes.
Please send me an e-mail. I can advise a site selling suplus new and used equipment at rock bottom prices.

knelson@phoenixcomm.us

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very sorry and angry for you! I have a close personal story with a good outcome. A shooting friend of mine had a bunch of expensive rifles stolen out of his mountain cabin, here in southern Utah. Insurance was paying him about half of the total value because he did not have the scopes(also expensive) listed. Bottom line: he GOT EVERYTHING BACK! Police caught some dirtbag kid breaking into a house in So. California and he was it. The guns were still in his house, or he knew where they were. That's a rare successful conclusion, I'm sure. Best wishes with your case.

> Jim Legg <

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
RMC,

Sorry for your loss, RMC, and I hope they catch the bastard(s).

Stan

Very much agree with Stan. As we both live in northern Michigan this hits close to home. It makes me angry!!!!

tim

Dustin says, "Today is a gift, Have Fun."
Tim Wolf #178845 02/15/10 12:01 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bad luck, Randy. Sounds like kids to me. Probably some who've been in your home before. Any dog you can trust around your family can not be trusted to guard the homeplace, imho. They'll put up a show at first, but are too quick to establish a relationship with a stranger, especially if a cookie is involved.

Now if you want home protection, I could rent you my wife's 'attack cat', Hendrix; he hates everybody since she had him fixed!...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sickening feeling for sure. Living in England where burglary is very common, mainly due to the fact that we are not allowed to protect our property in the same way that you are, all my guns are in large security cabinets with a burglar alarm for the whole house and a separate system for the room in which the guns are kept. A little like King Brown's Canadian experience in that I would be held liable for the theft if I had left them unattended. I would now be doing 6 months and banned from owning firearms while the thief was having a good time on the proceeds. I hope that they get them back and the offender prosecuted. Lagopus.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ken Nelson
Randy,

Sure sorry to hear about you misfortune.

If any of you have considered adding surveilance to you homes.
Please send me an e-mail. I can advise a site selling suplus new and used equipment at rock bottom prices.

knelson@phoenixcomm.us

Ken, Please post the site with that equipment. We have a pretty secure place with burglar alarms but I have been contemplating some cameras we could watch over the internet.

Regards, Jake

R. Craig Clark
jakearoo(at)cox.net
Jakearoo #178861 02/15/10 02:01 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

http://stores.ebay.com/Nellys-Surplus

I can vouch for the guy....he's my son.

Ken

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
RMC #178870 02/15/10 03:57 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It might have been the Dog Whisperer

RMC #178874 02/15/10 05:06 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Randy, I totally understand the emotion that this violation causes. It seems as if you will never feel secure again. I have always been afraid that I would be home when something like this would happen and with my temper, there would be a dead robber that would be hauled away. Then I would probably spend the rest of my days wondering why. I hope all can be made better again. I was robbed once when I was 19, I hope I am not as quick to react as I was then and I am actually glad I didn't catch the guy.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.