May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (gil russell, skeettx, Guy Ave, GETTEMANS, 1 invisible), 834 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,619
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have never gone but have wanted to attend and I'm thinking about going this year. Is this a worthwhile enough event to attend driving from the Phila, Pa area? I will be toting my new 21 and would love to give it a thorough workout and have some fun. Thanks.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Believe me you won't regret it ! The vendor tables alone are worth the trip, not to mention a great shooting venue. A warning---- accomdations will be hard to find in Sanford at this late date--- you might want to look for motels in Cary, Southern Pines, or Ashboro if you're unsuccessful in Sanford. Take time to visit the Smith, Fox, and Parker booths for more "eye candy".

Sidelock
Sidelock

It is definitely worth the drive. Laxcoach is right - plenty of eye candy and lots of guns for sale both in the tents and out. The shooting venues are good enough to give your 21 a good workout too but more than anything it is a great social event.
Dean

Sidelock
Sidelock

Kevin, there will be a fairly large midwest contingent at the Southern SxS. Look for us around the RTS booth, it seems to be the meeeting place for activities. If you show up at the right time you can sample some of Dave and Barb Wunrow's goose sticks. YUM!!!!

Last edited by Doug Mann; 03/19/10 06:03 PM.

Doug Mann
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Doug, would you please explain, just for the benefit of us poor Sutherners, who are accustomed to dining on fried quail and grits, what the heck are goose sticks??? Is that an edible thing, or do you tickle somebody in the ribs with it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ChiefShotguns
Mr. Doug, would you please explain, just for the benefit of us poor Sutherners, who are accustomed to dining on fried quail and grits, what the heck are goose sticks??? Is that an edible thing, or do you tickle somebody in the ribs with it?

Sure! grin Since I pretty much considered Snow Goose to be inedible (don't pick on me because of my lack of taste in fine game) I was not prepared for how really good goose sticks can be. They are goose, some other stuff (I don't want to know) and lots of spices made into sticks shaped like a Slim Jims for better words. They are REALLY good! They are especially good with your favorite beverage. blush

Doug Mann
Sidelock
Sidelock

Doug's emphasis is on "Favorite Beverage"

Dennis Potter
Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually, Mr. Mann might really be more interested in the goose sausages than the associated adult beverages. He really took a fancy to them.

Glenn Fewless

There is no sacrifice too great for someone else to make.
Boxlock
Boxlock

We will be attending the southern for the first time this year and are really looking forward to it. We are working hard on finishing up some projects to display.

Mr. Fewless my wife and I make Sweet and hot Italian sausage with our geese. !/2 goose to 1/2 pork butt + seasoning. It's a pretty darn good way to use up those extra goose breasts and is very good with beverages Mr. Potter!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Dan, Hope you are bringing some to the Southern. Maybe Mr Mann will bring the "favorite beverage"

Dennis Potter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.